Clear all

String Hitting Other Frets!

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Jyno
(@jyno)
Topic starter  

Ok I just changed my nut. I'm new on the guitar, about 3 months new. Anyways I changed my nut because I was told if you get a plastic nut, change it because it is crap. So I changed it with a better one. I replaced it with a graphtech Trem-Nut. Now I've only put 3 strings on so far. I also replaced the strings with 3250's Super Bullets. But G string keeps hitting other frets no matter which one I press on. I've loosened it, tightened it, raised the nut. And no matter what it keeps hitting other frets. What am I supposed to do? Because I'm losing my mind. To not be able to play the guitar, whether I'm new or not is angering me allot. Any help would be nice, thanks.

Jyno
(@jyno)
Topic starter  

UPDATE: I've adjusted the Rod and now only when I put my fingers on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd frets the buzzing noise is there still but not the rest. What would help it further?

ReplyQuote
(@beaner)
Estimable Member

You need to have all the strings on first, and if you've changed gauge, then you'll need to do the truss rod adjustment. You can't really tell with only having 3 strings on though.

Regards,
Paul

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

do yourself a favor and have a luthier set it up for you.
i think everyone should learn how to set up a guitar, but it's best to have it done right first.
make sure and tell them everything that you've already adjusted

#4491....

ReplyQuote