Notifications
Clear all

Taylor 110e Neck Joint

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@sherloc987)
Topic starter  

I purchased a 110e from Guitar Center a couple of months ago, and the action was a little high. I was waiting for the humidity to drop to address the problem. Humidy in my house has been 45% for the past 30 days. (Central humidifier) I checked the action today and it was .140 low E, and .110 high e.

I usually do my own setups, but since it was under warranty I thought I’d bring it to the closest authorized Taylor Service Center. I thought maybe they would want to change the neck shims. I checked their website and saw that the closest one was the same Guitar Center I bought it from.

I brought it in to them, and the tech agreed that the action was high. He said the saddle would have to be shaved. I told him as politely as posible that I didn’t want the saddle shaved, and then the tech asked what I wanted. I asked him if he could change the neck shims, and he looked at me like I was from mars. He said that the 110e has a dovetail neck joint that was glued in.

I had just assumed it was an NT neck joint. I glanced in the soundhole to see if there were any bolts, but I didn’t see any. It's covered by some type of label. They were pretty busy, and I didn't want to make a scene. Plus, I thought, do I really want this guy doing the repair if he doesn’t know what’s going on.

I was going to call Taylor Customer Service, but they are closed on Saturday. So here I am, appealing to those of you that know more about this than me. Does the Taylor 110e have an NT neck joint?