Clear all

Toggle Switch + paint job question

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@johnyboy313)
Topic starter  

hi all,

just wondering if you guys could help me here. i just bought a second hand les paul copy, but the toggle switch has got a dice stuck on it, obviously the previous owner thought this was cool, but unfortunately i dont. i cant seem to rive the thing off the stem, so i was thinking that the only other way of getting rid of it would be to install a new toggle? my first question is, is this a difficult process?

second question:

i have an old fender katana that has been sat in the back of my cupboard for a few years, unfortunately half the laquer has peeled off, and to be fair, it could probably do with a new paintjob. is there anywhere that will do this kind of work, and how much will it set me back / is it worth the outlay?

thanks guys!!! :D

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Changing an LP switch is not a major task. Get a decent switch (like Switchcraft).
Take the cover off, from the back of the guitar and note which wire goes to which connection. Unsolder the wires and remove the old switch (you're going to have to get the die off somehow). Install the new switch, connect up the wires, replace the cover and play.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@johnyboy313)
Topic starter  

thanks for that, i may get the parts and see if one of my mates can do the solder / unsolder part, sounds pretty straightforward though. thanks.

ReplyQuote