Notifications
Clear all

total rebuild

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@axe_junkie33)
Topic starter  

Hey, I recently got an old peavey raptor exp and some of my friends have suggested that I strip it down and get some new parts for it and give it a totally crazy paint job.
Any tips for some graphic designs?

how do you spell illiterate?

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

axe_junkie33

Sorry no one has gotten to your question.

I really don't know what to say though. What would you like to see? If we had an idea of what you are after, perhaps someone then could give some helpful tips. Myself, I've never been one to strip my guitars down or paint them. I have stuck decals all over my guitar though. That way you can pull them off. :D

Let us know what you are after.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I've given a thought to repainting one of my guitars, however I've always been told that it's not a cheap thing to get done... and there's no way i'm going to try doing it myself.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@axe_junkie33)
Topic starter  

Iam looking for something like eddie van halens design except i dont want to totally copy it.
Maybe something not too complicated but looks good.Like that old saying KISS (keep it simple stupid)

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

What color is it now? Is there anything wrong with the finish, like dents, dings or scratches? New hardware (bridge, tuners and vol/tone knobs), pickups and pots might make it look and sound differently.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@axe_junkie33)
Topic starter  

its like a dark blue with a white pickguard and minor scratches. iam going to buy new hardware for it like a new bridge, and maybe a new humbucker to add to the tone. Maybe a new neck but no promises. if i can get some graphic ideas i can maybe go down to the local autoshop and painting my guitar with some car paint.

ReplyQuote