Skip to content
Troubles with Foots...

Notifications
Clear all

Troubles with Footswitch? help please...

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@high-voltage)
Topic starter  

Just purchased an ordinary clean ---> distortion footswitch only to bring it home and find my Peavey 112 Bandit Amp doesnt seem to have an input for it.

I noticed a marshall amp at school has a "footswitch" labelled input for instant use. But... my amp. no.

all the labelled input sockets i have are labelled:

1. high gain
2. low gain
3. effects send
4. effects return

and on the back of the amp:

1. Power Amp In
2. Power Amp Out
3. Remote Switch

probably alot of useless information but i have tried plugging the footswitch in to all of the available sockets. Any ideas? probably just overlooked something.. or its the wrong sort of footswitch for my amp.

Thanks.

(@catsworth)
Estimable Member

First off, welcome to GN [:)]

Secondly, I would guess that the footswitch is supposed to go in the "Remote Switch" socket.

The fact that you've tried this and it doesn't work would suggest that either a) the footswitch is faulty, or b) it's the wrong type for your amp.

Rumour has it that if you play Microsoft CDs backwards you will hear Satanic messages.

Worse still, is that if you play them forwards they will install Windows.

ReplyQuote
(@high-voltage)
Topic starter  

at least thats a bit of closure :D thanks.. its definately not a faulty footswitch. I think i heard awhile back that Peavey only want peavy accessories to work with their amps anyway. odd. ;)

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I think your problem may be that you need a double footswitch, which is almost certainly attached to a stereo jack. The 112 has one switch for the lead channel and one for reverb.
The switch that you have should switch one of those two though.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote