Notifications
Clear all

Trying to figure out what happened to my amp

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@da300709)
Topic starter  

The other day a friend brought over a processor which he plugged into my amp and im guessing he had the output on the processor maxed because when he powered on my amp the There was an extremely loud and highpitched noise. I killed the power to the amp immediately, but when i turned it back on i was experiencing the following symptoms.
1. The Volume dial on the clean channel has become far less sensitive. What Volume i could achieve with on the 20% mark of the knob is now achieved with the knob turned about 80% of the way.
2. On my lead channel all the distortion has sounds like its being playing from a cheap tube amp. and
3. there is fluctuation in the volume when playing. It strange it will barely pick up any noise when doing a pull off.
The amp is a Roland cube 80xl. I've only had it for about 5 weeks. Very dissapointing that something like this should happen but if anyone has some ideas please share.

(@amx05462)

i had the same thing happen to my vox ad 100 vt a few years back. i had bought a jimi hendrix emulator pedal and it was up too high. same deal but i lost 90% of the volume. i took it apart and found 3 resistors burnt out. same high pitched noise. i ended up scrapping the amp because id have had to replace the main board. even though i replaced the resistors it didnt fix the problemand i couldnt isolate what else was wrong. its too bad too because it was a great modeling amp.. anyhow id suggest its something like that .

ReplyQuote