Clear all

tuner upgrade

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@s1120)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Well last week I picked up a Regal resonator guitar. real nice shape, but the tuners were not the best. One worked real hard, and the screw that held the knob on was stripped out. Also they just did not fit the look of the guitar... way to modern looking.. So I jumpped in, and swapped them out..

here is what Im working on...

And the old tuners...

Paul B

(@s1120)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Picked up a set of GFS keystone tuners.. Ive used them before, and I realy like them, and cant beat the price!! I think the vintage flavor fits the guitar better..

Like most new tuners, they are sized for the smaller holes in the headstock..... Well this haveing the bigger holes, I picked up the convertion bushings...

I did have to drill the holes a little bit. the pearl covering had to be drilled a little oversize, to get the bushing to press in..

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Luckly the new ones coverd up the old holes... so did not have to fill and stain them..

All done!!! Stringed up and ready to play!!!!

So all in all Im happy. They tune up a LOT smoother, and fit the look of the guitar a WHOLE lot better!!!!!

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Nice job, I like it! I like GF stuff too. I have a guitar I have been meaning to rebuild for a while. Maybe this will motivate me.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote