Notifications
Clear all

Guitar Amp Not Working

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@damien93)
Topic starter  

I have an Ashton GA100 and it worked fine for about 3 to 4 years, now the volume for the clean selection isn't working (still works at very high volume but it's a verry deep tone and not loud and i've checked all the settings and nothing helps).
The crunch and distortion work perfectly but clean is messed up (volume and Tone-wise). Any ideas what it could be or how to fix it? Thankyou :)

(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Welcome to the forum. Questions are fine any time and there are plenty here who will answer them, but a little intro would be nice, and we could end up looking for tech specs or whatever in an effort to accomodate and recognize a new member, unless there is one in your geographical location, when it comes to certain pieces of gear, or the rare chance that someone has the same amp?

Sorry, GA 100 images won't fit.

So:

Ashton GA100 main features include:

•100 Watts RMS @ 4 ohms
•12” Celestion Seventy80 Speaker
•2 Channels (Clean & Dirty/Boost)
•Foot Switchable Gain & Reverb Controls on Dirty Channel
•Contour on Dirty Channel
•3 Band EQ (Bass, Mid, Treble) on each channel
•Effects Loop
•Pull Bright Switch
•Master Level Control
•Extension Speaker Jack
•Headphone Output

It's made in China, except for the wonderful speaker, and reliability issues have been a problem. My first guess at this thing is a cold solder joint, or looseness of one of the components, maybe the volume pot itself, into a soldered-in panel or circuit board. But you can always try contact cleaner inside the potentiometer, or at the bright switch which is a possible weak link in the chain, and second to that - the swithcover from clean to dirty - make sure that the switch has no problems.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote