Clear all

Tuning problems - floyd rose

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@manti)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I have a BC RICH Junior V guitar which I bought two yrs or so ago. I never had any tuning problems. Lately though, we had a battle of the bands and I realized I was loosing tuning A LOT. so I changed my strings which were a bit old three days before. I played them like mad to try and ease them in but during the battle it effed up. tuning was going all over the place. needless to say we placed far from first but thats another story.

I pick a bit hard when playing, and bend a lot, but I bought a Floyd rose since I knew it can keep tuning better than other bridges. So why is this happening? I play one song or two and all the strings go flat. Is there a simple solution to this or do I need to take it to the place I bought it from, have my baby checked out ?

[Manti]
http://www.soundclick.com/Manti

(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

If the strings are fully stretched, which they should be after three days of playing and a gig, then they should stay in tune once tuned. Sounds like there's something wrong with it, especially as you've had no problems previously (if it's all going flat, perhaps the anchor for the springs is slipping, or the pivot for the bridge is moving?). I'd go for getting it checked out.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
 xg5a
(@xg5a)
Honorable Member

Are you sure the locking nut was tightened properly when you changed the strings?

ReplyQuote