Notifications
Clear all

WEIRD Floyd Rose problem - Thoughts?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@musicmanrod)
Topic starter  

I have a Floyd Rose which had been very reliable and always stayed in tune. I had to do some work on the pickups, so I took all the strings off, etc. When I put fresh strings back on and did a setup, something weird is going on. 5 of the strings stay perfectly in tune when dive bombing, however the B string goes SHARP when you return to pitch. All the other strings are perfectly in tune (or so says my Snark). The Floyd is blocked so it can only dive and so I can use a D-Tuna. But why would only the B string come back SHARP??? When I re-tune the B string and dive again - same thing. Sharp. Then, if I do a string bend on the B, it comes back in tune. I could understand new strings coming back flat after using the trem or string bending, but to come back sharp and only one string??? Any ideas?

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

You're either most likely binding at the saddles if it's a true Floyd (need to clip the string ball off).Rub a little pencil lead or some nut lube on them.

Just remember: Floyd Rose Trems are instruments of EVIL. They were designed to torment guitar players with their over engineered fiddly bits. You will find no joy in a Floyd Rose equipped guitar. :twisted:

BIGSBY is the light and the way. :lol:

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote