Notifications
Clear all

Weird noise from my guitar

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@sleveran)
Topic starter  

So I bought a second hand ESP M-II Standard series and It seemed as if it was in good shape though later on i figured that there are a few problems possibly with the electronics and i'd love to get some help from you guys.

So the situation is the following :

I can play the guitar for an hour or 10 minutes it comes in randomly , suddenly starts generating noises that are very clearly heard , it's not a noise like the normal static noise you'd get , it sounds like wind , possibly if you listen to it , it's weird , sounds the same as if u'd take the PL cable and scrape it against something weirdly you'd get a similar noise. Point is , it seems very random and as far as i am concerned it really doesn't look like it's a problem with my input jack , i've tried tightening it up , I tried holding it very tightly , and even if i leave the guitar plugged for a few minutes with absolutely 0 movement it might start generating that noise again , that what makes me feel like it's absolutely random and has nothing to do with contacts of the metal pieces in the jack.

One thing i did test is I saw the EMG 9v battery has 5.4 Volts left in it , and in addition to that , When i took the battery out completely and let the pickups work passively even if i turn up my amp's volume to the max (which im not nearly there normally) it won't generate that sound at all.

and when i move the battery around with its little thingy that catches it so it connects to the circuit it generates the noise , could it be the little plug with the 9v battery connectors? could it be the wires that aren't soldered well to my pickups maybe? I really do not know.. I have this one set up guy I always go to and he claims it's from the jack but I still highly highly doubt it.

Another thing i forgot to mention , whenever i just hold the guitar and not even playing it but the volume is up , even when it doesn't generate that weird noise , it makes a sound like "boom" every couple of seconds as if u took a recording microphone and tapped it with ur finger?
The whole situation is hard to explain , I'd love it if u guys could help me out a little with figuring out the issue.