Skip to content
Where to attach Str...

Notifications
Clear all

Where to attach Strap ( on classical guitar )

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hi
i play a yamaha classical guitar and as you will see in this picture (follow link below ) there are no hooks or space for a strap.Is there any way i can attach it.I WON'T like to drill holes or make cuts in my guitar.

Thanks for your help, :)

Rahul

(this is the link -

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail/0,6373,CNTID%253D2036%2526CTID%253D221800,00.html #

)

(@jasoncolucci)
Reputable Member

Im pretty sure they sell straps specific straps for classicals. Mind you you aren't really supposed to play a classical standing up, which is why they don't have the hooks for straps =P

Guitarin' isn't a job, so don't make it one.

ReplyQuote
(@presbystrat)
Eminent Member

NO end pin?

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

The only classicals with endpins are those with endpin jacks (for built-in pups). Such an "endpin" isn't really meant for straps.

A classical strap is a lanyard affair. It goes around the player's neck, runs down the chest behind the guitar body, wraps around the guitar's waist from the bottom and ends in a hook that clips to the bottom of the sound hole. It provides minimal, but effective support.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@presbystrat)
Eminent Member

Sounds complicated. That is good to know. I had considered getting a classical for doing finger style but I perform standing up. I could get a stool but I do some much moving around when I play, I'd probably fall off. I've been thinking about trying out some silk and steel strings since I heard they have a more nylon type sound. Certainly that would be cheaper than buying another guitar and easier on the marriage too.

ReplyQuote
 gene
(@gene)
Estimable Member

Jason Colucci, I have never seen a mariachi band sitting down, and they use classicals.

ReplyQuote