Skip to content
Where to attach Str...

Notifications
Clear all

Where to attach Strap ( on classical guitar )

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hi
i play a yamaha classical guitar and as you will see in this picture (follow link below ) there are no hooks or space for a strap.Is there any way i can attach it.I WON'T like to drill holes or make cuts in my guitar.

Thanks for your help,

Rahul

(this is the link -

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/ContentDetail/ModelSeriesDetail/0,6373,CNTID%253D2036%2526CTID%253D221800,00.html #

)

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Classical guitars usually arent used with a strap; usually, the end of the body is put in between the legs while sitting down.

Other than that, I think you can use this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=102/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/420127/

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

Classical guitars usually arent used with a strap; usually, the end of the body is put in between the legs while sitting down.

I do this with my steel string and electric anyway, I find it puts me in a better playing position.

As for the original poster: Unless your guitar has a strap button on the end of the body you won't be able to put one on without drilling holes. If you do have one, just take a shoestring and loop it through one end of the strap and tie it around the headstock just above the nut or the first two tuners, if it's more comfortable. I prefer the nut. Then just put the other end of the strap to the button on the end of the body.

If not you'll have to get one installed by drilling a hole.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Check this out. It is just one example of a button less guitar strap. There is another that one side hooks in the sound hole and loops under the body then ties to the headstock.

Classical Guitar Strap

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Check this out. It is just one example of a button less guitar strap. There is another that one side hooks in the sound hole and loops under the body then ties to the headstock.

Classical Guitar Strap

That's what Willie Nelson uses on Trigger, his old beat up Martin the one that straps on the soundhole it's that red white and blue thing around his neck here

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

That reminded me. I have been expecting Willie to come on here any time for advice on how to touch up a Martin :lol:

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Lol.

I think Martin's been trying for years to get the Willie Nelson Sig model out, but they can't seem to get that special 'ported' top just right. Makes all the difference in the world if you're after that classic Nelson tone.

By the way, I got a couple of those classical guitar straps, but for uke; they seem to work fine.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

The strap which you have told of the soundhole , won't it damage the guitar by putting too much pressure on the body???

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

No, the weight of the guitar is on the strap as it passes under the bottom. There is only slight downward pressure on the sound hole not outward.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the reply.Now suppose i decide to drill a hole , doesn't it makes the tone quality degraded.Or the guitar looks chipped and such.
Thanks

ReplyQuote