Notifications
Clear all

Wiring Help

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sal2k9)
Topic starter  

Hi i have a Tanglewood Rock 3 and ages ago not sure how but the wiring messed up and no longer works when i plug into my amp

so i need help with where the wires are supposed to go as one of them has snapped off im pretty sure ill be able to fix it myself if only i knew where the wires are meant to go

ill try and tell you what wires i have going where im affraid i dont know what all the things inside are called but ill do my best and will try and get some pictures to make it less complicated

so first off i have a wire comming from the neck going to the third from the left of 8 little jutty out bits on the three way switch
then i have 3 thick wires comming from somewhere all three have a wire going to the right lower jutty out bit on the three way switch then one of them has a whole red wire going to the last on the right so thats the 8th jutty out bit then there is a red and black wire going to the 7th jutty out bit and a white wire going to the 6th jutty out bit
next we have the volume and the tone knobs not sure which is wich cant remember it has been a very long time since it worked but one of them has a green thingy on it so ill refer to that one as the green one and the other as the normal one so there is a wire going from the 3rd jutty out bit on the three way switch going to the the 3rd so thats the one on the end to the right curly jut on the normal one then also going from the normal one is a wire to the green one and that wire so on top on the greeon one the normal one also has a grey wire going to the output jack the wire on there splits into a white one and one that is just wire thats it for the normal one the green one just has one more wire going to the 3 way switch from the farthest left curly jut

and then i have one wire thats fallen off

i know thats proabably really confusing so ill try put some pictures up soon any help would be great

thanks Sally

(@sal2k9)
Topic starter  

ok i have some pictures they might help make things clearer i hope

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

ok i have some pictures they might help make things clearer i hope

So, 3 pickups, 1 tone, 1 volume, right?

Just looking at the pictures, I can't see any wires that aren't connected.
How many positions is the switch (3 or 5)?

Any chance of another picture, a close up square on of the top of the switch, and a picture with some kind of pointer (pen, finger, golf tee...) identifying the broken wire.

To make things easier to talk about, the control on the right, with the white shim under it is the volume. The one on the left is the tone. The green thing connected to it is the capacitor (if you want to know how it does what it does, read the tone control paragraph here)

And in this picture:

the three wires connecting to the top-right of the switch are coming from the pickups.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote