Clear all

A Bad Mistake

11 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Howdy. I've not posted in this forum for some time now and thought I'd share my latest with you. This is an acoustic instramental. I actauly combined an older song that I wrote (Double Take) with a new melody. Thought the 2 worked well together. Anyways, please give it a listen and let me know what you think. Could use some ideas for lyrics as well. If you have the gumption to write.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6357013

Matt

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 13/03/2008 3:23 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

My goodness.
You have that guitar singing.
What a clear, bright sound you are getting.
Yeah, lyrics would be cool.
And normally I would offer some but this is just way too sophisticated for anything I might offer.
Lyrics would be the melody and I couldn't even begin to suggest a melody that would complement this instrumental.
Way too complicated for me to attempt.
"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins, not through strength but by perseverance."

And in return for smoothing its rough edges, the Rock gives the stream its music.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 15/03/2008 7:54 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks Ken.
Yeah, the piece is somewhat complicated (when it comes to putting lyrics and a melody line to it) but I do have some ideas for it. I think I'm running into problems wrapping my brain around it because, as I play it, I'm hearing a bass line and other arrangements around the piece. So thinking of lyrics for it has been tough going.

Believe it or not, I recorded this with my trusty little digital recorder. (sitting on my knee as I played) I'm going listen to this in Pro Tools and fool around with some reverb, etc...Maybe put some chorus in it.

Thanks again for the input. At least I know 1 person enjoyed it!!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 16/03/2008 6:47 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

It doesnt really sound to complicated actually, but maybe it's me. It does sound soothing though, nice playing!

Posted : 16/03/2008 6:56 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks Ignar. Was hoping you'd post to this one.
Maybe complicated isn't the right word. Its certainly not "broad strokes" that one could easily adapt lyrics to. :wink:

Posted : 16/03/2008 7:07 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

When I get back to my stuff I'll try and see if I can put some words to it. I'll PM you about it so I wont butcher your tune in public. :lol:

Posted : 16/03/2008 8:45 pm
(@cringe)
Estimable Member

Wow that's a thin trebly acoustic...But it sounds really good!

Posted : 17/03/2008 1:02 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Thats really nice Matt :D No, its not complicated and thats cool. It is well played and easy to listen to.

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 18/03/2008 2:15 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks dog! Appreciate the feedback.
What we need to do is get you and Ignar to do a vocal duet over this. You guys both have the pipes for it!!

Posted : 18/03/2008 2:17 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hey Matt

So many voices going on from one guitar - cool. I loved it.

I should think it's great to play, but I reckon it's a little too long, probably needs to finish around the 3.00-3.5 minutes mark.

If it had finished there, I would have played it again a couple of times, whereas at 5.00+ you are quite happy and had your fill.

IMHO... :oops:

Rock on!

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 18/03/2008 2:41 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hey Matt

So many voices going on from one guitar - cool. I loved it...

Thanks man!
I should think it's great to play, but I reckon it's a little too long, probably needs to finish around the 3.00-3.5 minutes mark...
D 8)

You bet! I played through it twice. Some sections I played for 4 measures etc...could trim it down here and there no doubt. You know how it is...You start playing something and you just keep going. I s'pose I could have gone on for 15 minutes. Each time I play through it, I hear additional peices and arrangements.

Posted : 18/03/2008 3:55 pm