A Christmas Message to my Friends at GN

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Hi there everyone,

I've really enjoyed my first 16 weeks learning the guitar and I must thank everyone who contributes to the forums for all their help, guidance and enthusiasm which really makes GN the top website for guitarists and musicians, experienced and beginners alike.

I've had great fun making my videos and all my fellow beginners who post vids in the beginners videos thread deserves a massive ho ho ho - let's keep it up and make it the top post on the board.

I reckon I must get a bit of stage fright because I have played this particular tune a lot better, smoother and in time, but it wouldn't be as much fun to watch....would it... :roll:

Anyways, enjoy the vid and you all have a great Christmas and a super fingerpickin' New Year....

Rock on everyone!

D 8)

http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc268/dylanbarrett/?action=view&current=DylansChristmasSpecial.flv

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 17/12/2007 3:04 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

That's a pretty tough arrangement you've got there, amazing how fast people are suddenly learning here the past few months! Have a great time and hope to see you hang around here after you've finished your One Year Quest!

Posted : 17/12/2007 3:31 pm
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

Nice work Dylan! an obvious improvement from your first videos - and the guitar playing is coming along as well lol

Have a Very Merry Christmas yourself! 8)

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

Posted : 17/12/2007 4:47 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member
(@davidhodge)

Thanks for making my day, Dylan! Happy Christmas to you, your family and friends.

Looking forward to more in 2008.

Peace

Posted : 17/12/2007 6:00 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Thanks, Dylan.

Merry Xmas to you and yours!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 17/12/2007 10:56 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Thanks for the vid & Merry Christmas Dylan. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 18/12/2007 4:00 am