Clear all

"another lost highway", song i wrote

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

i recorded this last night around 2 am, except the high vocals, which i couldn't reach until this morning.
i hope you enjoy it. comments, criticisms, questions... except about the buzz. i know it exists, and it's not going away until i buy better gear.
use the link in my signature.

5 part vocal harmony, 2 acoustic guitar tracks (rhythm and lead), one electric guitar track, bass track, hand drum track. all recorded by yours truly.

lyrics
the horizon's changing colors
the road's shifting under my feet
i don't know where i'm going
i got noone to meet

so many faces i've seen
so many places i've been
everyday's another lost highway
in the end they all fade away

i pull my coat tighter
the wind whistles coltrane
if i had a woman to warm me
it'd probably feel the same

so many faces i've been
so many places i've seen

the moonlight's painting pictures
under the bridge i'm standing on
but the water's high everywhere
so i gotta be moving on

my eyes are getting weary
and my soles worn thin
i don't know where i'm going
or even why i began

so many faces i've seen
so many places i've been

so many faces i've seen
so many places i've been

Posted : 19/08/2006 4:35 am
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member

Liked it a bunch, sounded little like early pink floyd

Posted : 19/08/2006 5:07 am
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

i am getting a humming noise which is hard to listen through, but the structure of the song sounds good....bit of a early pentangle sound going on for me. love to here it clean.....thanks guys s

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

Posted : 19/08/2006 9:03 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

like i mentioned in the first post, there's nothing i can do about the hum until i get better gear. plus, something was lost in the mixdown to two tracks. the main vocal track ends up too loud and the rest gets squashed.
oh well, i guess. when i get my recording contract and unlimited studio time, i promise i'll give you guys a more polished final product. as for now, i'll do the best i can with the gear that i have, which was it fairly to extremely cheap. less than a grand in total, not including the laptop.
i'm starting to record more electric stuff, which gets picked up on the mic much more clearly.

when you say early pink floyd, do you mean syd barrett, or post-syd barrett?

Posted : 20/08/2006 1:23 am
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member

when you say early pink floyd, do you mean syd barrett, or post-syd barrett?

Not sure but I was listening to some early floyd (an old casset I found) maybe late 60's early 70's and there were some real nice mellow pieces with that soft vocals, sounded like gilmour, but could have been waters. Seems they were still feeling themselves out because some of it was soft, some hard, some jazz, and some spanish. I will be listening to it some more it was good

Posted : 20/08/2006 4:40 pm