Beginner's videos

1,082 Posts
81 Users
0 Likes
271 K Views
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I want to adopt this kid (as my grandson)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YaWP-nLlwMk&feature=related

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 17/03/2008 3:21 am
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hi all...

Here's the moment you've all been waiting for...well, maybe not ALL of you, well...maybe none of you, but here it is anyway, my first EVER recording of my dulcet tones accompanying my wonderful string picking.... :lol:

I tell you this, anyone who is learning to sing and play at the same time gets a big 'thumbs up' from me because it takes a lot of work to keep both ends going at the same time - and in the correct order... :roll:

Ken, hey that kid probably started playing when he was four - I try not to watch these vids - I keeps making me wish 1. Why didn't I start playing guitar when I was at school. 2. I wish I could play like that - NOW. 3. I wish I was that age again. And do you remember 'pocket money'? You do.... good - can you tell me what it was? :cry:

Claudine, I'm from southern England, sort of central farming area near Oxford...

Enjoy.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=t9BmlzL10y8

Rock on!

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 17/03/2008 5:24 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

High five, Dylan. :wink:

Real pleasant voice to listen to - (that you're "stuck with").
Pitch is real good.
It's going to be fun to listen to future recordings.
Keep 'em coming.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 17/03/2008 6:03 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Sorry folks - I've only just watched the most recent contributions.

Dylan :shock: impressive. I really like your voice! And the playing is getting better - wow, I feel so far behind now. Funny, I was going to ask you where your accent was from too. Oxfordshire, huh? Looks like you could have fixed my guitar after all!

Ken. I feel your pain. I'm learning STH too, and again I'm way behind you. I can't even get the timing right! And I'm still struggling with the barres. I got given a (very) old acoustic not long ago and actually despite what everybody said I find it a lot easier to play than my electric. I thought the 'action' was supposed to be greater on acoustics? Well, it's three times greater on my electric! So that's my excuse for struggling so much ;)

*boots Smokingdog out of Beginner's thread*

Ahem.

No, I mean, don't give up, you'll get to our level one day. Just keep practising :lol:

Posted : 17/03/2008 6:12 pm
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Wow Dylan! Good job!

You seemed very comfortable with your guitar on this video. Total control of your voice and the song even if you had to play guitar at the same time!

I'd say that it was your best performance :wink:

Hope to hear you more often!

You know what we say... We don't hear our voice like others do... Maybe you hear you singing like crap but we don't! :wink:

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

Posted : 18/03/2008 3:46 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hi fellow beginners

Thanks very much for your kind comments - it's very much appreciated and has encouraged me to continue adding vocals to my guitar playing. Well, not ALL of course....

Having a limited vocal range, I'll need to find songs that are easy enough to learn to play and will fit in to my range. Not an easy task but the better I get at playing I will be able to concentrate more on my vocals.

I started trying to copy the vocal styles of some of my singer/songwriter heroes, but decided it's best to keep my own sound, after all, that is exactly what makes music so diverse.

Thanks again.

Rock on!

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 19/03/2008 9:48 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Hope the moderators realize this post regarding Beginner's Videos is in jest:

Disclaimer
Use of Beginner's Videos board may have adverse effects. Common symptoms include headaches, pain in the ears, nausea and/or diarrhea. Continued use may increase the severity of these occurrences. Discontinue use and consult your doctor if these symptoms persist. In most cases, the short term benefits of levity outweigh most adverse reactions.

All characters in these videos are purely fictitious. Any resemblance to actual people is not intentional and merely a coincidence. All videos are for entertainment and by no means intended for instructional or education purposes.

The opinions expressed in this post are not necessarily those of GuitarNoise.com and/or its moderators.

Posted : 24/03/2008 10:58 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

All characters in these videos are purely fictitious. Any resemblance to actual people is not intentional and merely a coincidence.
:lol:

Posted : 28/03/2008 7:16 am
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Hi everybody!

I don't know if I should keep posting here, but it's dead on that topic, so I'll try to wake you up with a new video! :wink:

I learned Over The Hills And Far Away, the intro, by Led Zeppelin... I repeat the same line 2 times. the second is suppose to be a little bit different, but I didn't learn it, so I repeated the same line 2 times to make a video of 1 minute...

So, after 2 days of pratice, I've come up with this:

I should have use a different sound on my amp :roll: Sorry... lol

I thought it was my own

Posted : 13/04/2008 2:55 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

How can anyone object when they are young, female and pretty?
. . . and playing their guitar.
NIce playing. That looked like it had a high difficulty factor.

Chauvinistically,
A Clau fan

Posted : 13/04/2008 11:49 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Good job. Very good. Nothing wrong with the amp setting you used. Sure, it's typically accoustic, but it still sounded good.

That's one of those songs that has about a jillion different guitar pieces to learn. Always fun to fiddle with.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 13/04/2008 12:03 pm
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Thanks,

I know what you mean Ken! When my teacher show me that song, I tought it would be too difficult for me, but after an hour of practice at home, I got it.

It's not that hard, if you're comfortable with pull-off

When are you gonna post something new ken? :wink:

I thought it was my own

Posted : 13/04/2008 1:05 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Great job Clau20! 8) I always thought OTHAFA would be very difficult to learn as well, but when I finally gave it a shot a few years ago, I realized it isn't too hard at all. There really aren't that many different parts to the song. Keep working on it, and you'll have the whole thing down in now time. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 13/04/2008 4:28 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Wow Clau! Those fingers are definitely made for rocking!

Posted : 13/04/2008 5:08 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Wow Clau! Those fingers are definitely made for rocking!

Ah hah!
Another Clau fan with finger envy!

Posted : 13/04/2008 6:32 pm
Page 24 / 73