Beginner's videos

1,082 Posts
81 Users
0 Likes
270.9 K Views
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Right - thanks to Nuno I've got my mic back.

So you can all be blessed with my rendition of the Stairway To Heaven intro.

Click here to watch STH-INTRO

RE: Hotel California - audio only would be easier to manage, wouldn't it?

Posted : 31/07/2008 9:40 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

There's no stopping me, sadly.

Video Hotel-California-Intro

Test Audacity 2 tracks HC-Intro

Posted : 31/07/2008 10:25 pm
(@mac-manc-mcmanx)
Estimable Member

I'll give the rhythm guitar part a go over the weekend. Here's a snippet of how it might sound.

http://media.putfile.com/Hotel-California-chords

Recorded on electric against a drum machine at 75bpm. Let me know if my timing is ok.

When you wanna rock hard children, lean on F sharp

Posted : 01/08/2008 1:51 am
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Excellent MMMM. And welcome aboard :D

Posted : 01/08/2008 6:09 am
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

It's amazing what progress you've made Isabelle - is it just the new guitar, have you had a set of Claudine's fingers grafted on or do I have to give birth? :shock: I understand it is possible with the things I've been reading in the paper recently...

Absolutely brilliant, well done. I just can't get anywhere near your STH... :mrgreen:

Ok, hmmmmm, let's have a look at Mac Manc McManx of the old Mad McManx Clan's credentials to see if he qualifies to be an Eaglet, shall we....?

Rock on!

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 01/08/2008 9:07 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Mac: your timing is very good! :D

Isabelle: Very good too! And very nice Stairway to heaven cover. And you fix the mic, I only gave a couple of ideas. :D

On video or audio. Audio is much easier than video+audio. And it is easier to achieve a better sound with audio. I guess Arjen has much more audio tools and filters to improve the original recordings. Always we could prepare a 'video clip' and the 'making of'.

Posted : 01/08/2008 9:23 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I'll seperate the audio/video tracks if people send me webcam recordings, I'll just use the audio part. At the end I can try to put the video over the parts where each one plays but it's more gimmicky to me then really important. Maybe I'm strange but I care more about the sound. :D

Posted : 01/08/2008 12:24 pm
(@the-ethical)

I've just trawled my way right through this thread and I have to take my hat off to you all!

Good luck with the collaboration. I'll be watching out for the results.

Posted : 02/08/2008 2:09 am
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

It's amazing what progress you've made Isabelle - is it just the new guitar, have you had a set of Claudine's fingers grafted on or do I have to give birth? :shock: I understand it is possible with the things I've been reading in the paper recently...

Do you think I could make some money with my finger? :roll:

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

Posted : 02/08/2008 3:03 am
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

You mean you haven't received my cheque as yet? :shock:

Posted : 02/08/2008 8:34 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

There they go again . . . . flaunting their fingers.
Probably completely unaware of the effect it has . . . . and now one of them asks for money?!
Have you women no shame?

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 02/08/2008 4:02 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hey, welcome back Ken and Claudine - long time, no hear... :?

Have your ears been burning or have you just been 'lying-low' on purpose. We hope you're going to join in our collaboration?

Get your bongos' out for the Eaglets Ken... :wink:

Hmmmm, who else haven't we heard from in a while...

Stella..... PeeJay.... oh yes.... WHERE'S THE BIG YASH?

Rock on!

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 02/08/2008 4:21 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Yep, if this collaboration is going to work, you'd better pull in Clau and Yashicamat.
Jenny B. and I will be selling popcorn to the audience (but I am looking forward to the go-go dancing video of Jenny)

Nice to be back, DB. The mountains of Tennessee are a lot cooler than Miami.

Did I mention that it's hot, hot, hot here?

I do confess to feeling guilty about not uploading a video for the last couple of months so I'll try to get one uploaded this week.
Two weeks without a guitar and computer . . . I was having withdrawal symptoms . . . . but the view of the mountains followed by copious amounts of good food, beer, and good company kept me from plunging into delerium tremens.

Hey, "It's all good" . . .and of course,
Rock On!

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 02/08/2008 4:46 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

And Arjen . . . .
That is so cool of you to offer to pull this together.
+1 for you.

Posted : 02/08/2008 4:52 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

hey welcome back Ken!!!

Posted : 02/08/2008 5:39 pm
Page 41 / 73