I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

Posted : 05/08/2008 12:28 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

What should I play in that song?
:D

Clau, review the latest posts, aprox. from page 38. Summarizing, Simon, Isabelle and Dylan suggested that the beginners could do a collab. Simon, Dylan, Isabelle, Mac and several others are preparing the strumming part. Dylan asked if other "beginner electrics" could do the solo. And Arjen is trying to coordinate and produce the final mix; he is always preparing the backing track (he sent already some tests).

It isn't decided if everybody will play all the song, everyone will play and sing a part, etc. I think it is open.

I posted a video with a lesson on the solo but I think it is much easier if you use the tab or partiture. I got it from http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/ for Guitar Pro. It is easier than I initially thought.

There are several places where the "electrics" can play something but mainly there are two solos or a solo played by two guitars and then both guitars play the final outro arpeggiated riff. There are also several riffs in the song, between verses.

I think we could do the solos and the outro. I'm already preparing the first solo and the outro while we decide what will everyone play. Check it, I also could prepare the second if you prefer the first one! Just tell me what should I play! :D

(Clau, if you don't have the Guitar Pro installed I can send to you the tab or partiture exported as plain text or other format. PM if you need anything.)

Posted : 05/08/2008 2:15 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I'll seperate the audio/video tracks if people send me webcam recordings, I'll just use the audio part. At the end I can try to put the video over the parts where each one plays but it's more gimmicky to me then really important. Maybe I'm strange but I care more about the sound. :DWhat about full videos like wma?

Ehm, what about them? I don't care about video formats, I'll just rip the audio from it. Can you re-phrase the question?

Posted : 05/08/2008 2:36 pm
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

Sorry this is out of topic, but I can't resist. At Stella's request, pictures of the band:

OMG WHERE HAVE I BEEN?! :cry:

Izzy, he's/they're gorgeous! :mrgreen: BWWAAAAHHH nothing like those first few months of precious helplessness - then they start getting into things as soon as you pick up the phone - or the guitar lol

... curses to the update that did NOT appear in my email - maybe my spam blocker is too efficient - but anyway I need to go and read all the other pages and pages posted after that photo.... :wink:

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

Posted : 05/08/2008 5:32 pm
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Thanks Nuno! I understand a lot more that project :)

I'd be happy to play the solo and/or some electric guitar riff trough the song!

It's not that hard. I checked it yesturday and had no problem with the beginning of the solo, we'll see for the rest of it!

I found the tab on ultimate guitar, but I don't have Guitar Pro. I had the text version, 5 stars from 77 voters I think. But If you can send me your version, it'll be good to have the same tab!

When you talk about 2 solos, you mean THE solo AND the arpeggios at the end ? Cause I can see only one solo in that song :wink:

I'll check it for the first and the 2nd solo, if I can find it :wink: and I'll tell you which one I prefer, or which one I'm more comfortable with it...

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat

Posted : 05/08/2008 7:57 pm
(@stellabloo)
Estimable Member

WOW :shock: you guys are amazing - Isabelle I stand here in awe :shock: you overachieving mama you! Big hugs for the little guys btw!

....er, can't wait to hear the results! I am absolutely excited for you :D that is the coolest project, Izzy should rightfully be front and centre and purple 8)

... but I have to beg off Hotel - right now I'm struggling with singing/playing City of New Orleans and being able to pull off an hour or so of playing live - given the chance to fulfill my busking dream (has to happen sometime, right? ) - and then my new camera went with the teenager to Europe for 3 wks, just left today :roll:

Lame :roll: , I know but truly truly excited for all of you in on the project.

I 'm picking up some new bridge pins for my other guitar-playing mama gf when I make it to the city again and that's my next personal challenge: get us out on the beach again, with the kids, one or two beater guitars and a mandolin.

Claudine btw don't let anyone tell you that you don't have talent. I can only watch your learning curve in amazement (shuffling along on my walker more like it lol :wink: ) - don't be afraid to dream big even if the world is full of people happy to tell you what you CAN'T do :wink:

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's really all about?

~ why yes, I am available on youtube ~
http://www.youtube.com/stellabloo

Posted : 05/08/2008 9:00 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

When you talk about 2 solos, you mean THE solo AND the arpeggios at the end ? Cause I can see only one solo in that song :wink:
Really it is a solo played with two guitars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcwr1nbmWLI

The first part starts at 4'23", Don Felder plays it with the double neck.

The second part starts at 4'50", Joe Walsh play is with the Tele.

There is a third part that play both that could play you, me, you and me or even a third electric guitar.

The arpeggiated outro riff starts at 5'42". Easier than the solo but quite challenging because the timing must be perfect.

I was working on the Felder's solo but if you prefer that one, I could work on the Walsh part. Or if you want to play all the solo I could add me in the outro.

Posted : 05/08/2008 10:00 pm
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Ok, sounds great!

I saw what you were talking about (the 2 solos). I didn't have the time to check the second one, but I'll do it anyway :wink:

Thanks for your little comment Stella :wink:

I thought it was my own

Posted : 06/08/2008 2:43 am
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I see everyone's gone quiet now :| you all hiding?

Posted : 10/08/2008 11:15 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

We're in the woodshed . . . practicing.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 10/08/2008 12:43 pm
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Yeah, like Ken said, everyony is practicing :) Or, like me, outside, for the first beautiful day of the month... Crappy summer here in Montreal, it's raining everyday! :x

How are you doing with your part of Hotel California Isa? and what about you Ken?

I thought it was my own

Posted : 10/08/2008 1:24 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

How are you doing with your part of Hotel California Isa? and what about you Ken?
I'm still practicing Dust in the Wind.
My plan is to dazzle y'all with my performance.
But mice and men's schemes web a tangled weave.
(a metaphor cocktail)

I don't plan on doing Hotel California. But I'm looking forward to hearing and maybe seeing the collaboration.

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 10/08/2008 3:22 pm
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

You'll be an expert on Dust in the wind Ken! :P

I was playing some barre chords this morning, and I came out with the song Wild Thing. I took my camera and shoot that video. I add a backing track and that's what I got until my camera turned off:

I think that is a great easy song to practice barre chords, even if the original version may be played in open chords...

I thought it was my own

Posted : 10/08/2008 4:10 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

There you go! Impressive again. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 10/08/2008 4:14 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Yep, behind the TV, watching Olympics!

Posted : 10/08/2008 8:01 pm
Page 42 / 73