Clear all

Beginner's videos

1,082 Posts
81 Users
0 Likes
271.1 K Views
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

So, that was really good. It's amazing to think back on the early videos and the progress you've made. Best of all, you've done both rhythm and picking. You're ahead of me in many ways and I've plugged away now for parts of 4 3/4 years.

Most importantly to me, I enjoyed your song. It wasn't just some guy regurgitating some old classic rock song. You did it justice and it was quite entertaining. I'm sure we could find a bunch of people who could play it technically better, me not being one of them, but you did the hard to teach quality of being entertaining.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 27/08/2008 2:10 pm
(@clau20)
Reputable Member

Dude!
That was great!
You've done it!
You're standing in front of a camera ("on stage under the hot lights") making beautiful music!
I'm really proud of you, DB.
Looks like your chronicles are going to have a happy, successful ending.
And the journey was pretty cool too.

Rock on, dude, rock on.

KR2 ("Dude" is now an integral part of my vocabulary)

You made me think about that song from Aerosmith... Dude looks like a lady! Nice song... 8)

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=GbsBJmx-m2s

I think Steven Tyler is saying "dude" about 150 times in that song...

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

Posted : 28/08/2008 4:01 am
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hi all

Thanks for the nice comments on my Heroes video - very much appreciated.

Now, with a slight worry that you all might be getting bored with them, you'll be pleased to know that they'll soon be coming to an end, but before then....here's another... :twisted:

Maybe I should have learned the words a bit better...or learned the tune a bit better, then I might not have had the problems I had this this 'take', but I wasn't going to stop - so it's a wrap! :roll:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xB3xDzhHoYw

Rock on dudes! ..... arghhhhhhhhhhhh, now you've got me at it :wink:

Hope everyone is in good form?

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 01/09/2008 2:32 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Very good Dylan! :D

Posted : 01/09/2008 7:57 pm
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Dylan - I'm impressed with the two vids you've posted. Very well done.

I'm hating you so much right now.

:mrgreen:

Posted : 05/09/2008 12:16 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Dylan - I'm hating you so much right now.
Such is the life of a Rock star. :mrgreen:

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 08/09/2008 11:41 am
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hey - I joined a year ago exactly. Happy birthday me.

So what's everyone up to?

I've been trying to learn Sitting on the Dock of the Bay. Not doing TOO bad, but I really wish I could sing.

I have a new webcam too - I'll try and record something today, if not it'll be when I come back from hols (will be in France for two weeks from tomorrow :D ).

Posted : 16/09/2008 7:34 am
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

http://media.putfile.com/DockOfTheBay-53

Not very happy with this but nevermind.

Posted : 16/09/2008 9:42 am
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

:note1: Happy Birthday to Yooooo, Happy Birthday to Yooooo, Happy Birthday Dear Adorable Purple-Haired Frenchie Living in Berkshire who can Play a Mean Guitar and Mother of Two called Isabelle..... Happy Birthday to Yoooooooooooooo :note1:

Huh, would you believe it's been a year....incredible. I think your Dock of the Bay is a wonderful display of what we... sorry... you have achieved - it's called cross-picking, cross-strumming, or cross-dressing - not sure which, but great - like the little smile with the buzzed note in there. Yeh - I saw it.. :wink:

Y'know - I completely forget about my Guitar Noise anniversary - I should have done something special but got a bit side-tracked.

I had a look back over a few of the early videos we''ve done and, joking aside we HAVE actually improved.... :roll: I'm quite looking forward to finishing my 365-day quest to write and perform a song from actually know zip bout anything. It might even help me relax a bit and play some more stuff without time-constraints - I know I put it on myself, but it seemed a good idea at the time.. :roll:

And of course, soon coming up to the 'Beginners Videos' anniversary as well - hey let's party. A song from everyone - no excuses. And then the Hotel California collaboration....let the good times roll...

Hope your enjoying...or enjoyed your holiday in France - I'm off to Sur Sarthe for a week to visit my mate - a guitar teacher - hmmm, I wonder what we'll be doing all week - apart from drinking wine and eating snails.. :roll:

Rock on all beginners - don't forget our 1st anniversary - OCTOBER 6 - get those cams rolling.....

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 17/09/2008 1:53 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hi guys and gals

Just to let you know that I've posted the video of my ultimate quest - the writing and performing of my own song.

I've put it on the top level of Hear Here to throw it open to the general public, so please have a look because it still really is a 'beginners video' and I'd like to devote it to all my friends on this thread for all the support you've given me over the last twelve months - because I could easily have given up a few times.

Rock on friends!

D 8)

Posted : 19/09/2008 5:31 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

:note1:
And of course, soon coming up to the 'Beginners Videos' anniversary as well - hey let's party. A song from everyone - no excuses. And then the Hotel California collaboration....let the good times roll...

Sounds good.
I'll upload around the Oct 6 . . . anniversary.
Doesn't that just give y'all goose bumps?

Jenny?
Simon?
Izzy?
Claudine?
Nuno?
Rob?

RSVP for the Guitar-Noise-Making-Anniversary-Bash-Video-Extravaganza-Blowout-Presentation-by-Beginner's-Videos-Participants.

KR2 (plum is this Fall's color)

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 24/09/2008 3:27 pm
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

Hey all beginners.....

Just to let you know that today I'm No14 in the soundclick acoustic rock charts.... :shock:

Now, if I can just reach the plug to the television and open the window.....ROCK AND ROLL - YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Rock on dudes!

D 8)

I also note that no-one has rated the song so the jury is still out. :cry:

Posted : 26/09/2008 8:00 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Nuno?
Hola! :D

I didn't very active this week, I had a business travel. Sorry.

I already can play the first solo part but it needs some practice (currently I'm playing a lot of bass rather than guitar).

I think Claudine is learning all the solo but I didn't heard news from hear.

October 6th is the next Monday (I mean just around one week). I don't know if there is enough time time to do the recordings and the mixing. I needed more than one week to do it in my previous collaborations.

I'll keep reading!

Posted : 27/09/2008 9:39 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

No.
Not the collaboration.
That is still being developed I believe . . . probably a few months off still.
Just anything that you want to play and upload.
I'm going to upload Dust in the Wind again but hopefully with some improvement from last time.

Upload anything you want or that you've been working on . . .
just to celebrate the one year anniversary of Beginner's Videos.

Posted : 27/09/2008 11:23 am
(@simonsays)
Estimable Member

:note1:

Sounds good.
I'll upload around the Oct 6 . . . anniversary.
Doesn't that just give y'all goose bumps?

Jenny?
Simon?
Izzy?
Claudine?
Nuno?
Rob?

RSVP for the Guitar-Noise-Making-Anniversary-Bash-Video-Extravaganza-Blowout-Presentation-by-Beginner's-Videos-Participants.

KR2 (plum is this Fall's color)
Okay, I'll join the party and upload something for our first anniversary on the 6th. Might even unleash my fingerpicking on the world for the first time :shock: I've been growing my fingernails specially :lol:

Simon

There are too many songs that have an 'F' chord in them.

Posted : 27/09/2008 1:26 pm
Page 44 / 73