Clear all

Belleau Wood - Garth Brooks cover

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I can't believe I forgot to post this here. I wanted to do this a year ago, but I just didn't have the ability yet. But this time around I was was able to get it pretty good.

It's my favorite Christmas song, it's pretty un-orthodox. It's about a time in World War I where the German and Brittish soldiers held a truce on Christmas Night and sang Silent Night together. They all actually went against strict orders to NOT have a cease fire, but did it anyway. The event did not take place at Belleau Wood, that battle happened in 1918, the event took place in 1915 I believe.

Anyway, I love the song...and yeah....I still can't sing, but I've found a new appreciation for the tone of the guitar after recording it with a mic acoustically rather than being plugged in. I recorded this at work on Christmas, I hate to work on Christmas but that's the nature of the TV business, no Holidays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHlAlonG5G0

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 05/01/2010 5:30 am
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

I am slowly becomming a secret garth brooks fan as i discover more and more of his songs.
Good cover Joe.

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 05/01/2010 5:21 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Excellent...excellent! :lol: :lol:

Thanks, I appreciate it!!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 06/01/2010 1:11 am