Trusted Member
Topic starter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHzTjsNyGOE

hope you like it, please leave feedback and rate as well :D

Posted : 04/01/2010 6:01 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I'll defintely check this out. We are doing this song with our band and I sing it and I think it's one of the few I can sing half way decently but I've heard you sing and you have a good voice so I doubt it's better than this.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 04/01/2010 8:20 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

You sing it very well. My only criticism is that it seemed quite a bit slower than the original. It was almost draggy in spots.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 04/01/2010 8:43 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I wasn't expecting that at all. Like jw said you do have a good voice and yes it might have been a bit draggy but I don't think you were going for an exact copy so I thought the laid back version was cool.

The only criticism I have is that it sounded like you were really trying to imitate the singer in the way you tried to accent some of the words and stretch them out and some places it didn't work that well, then you can hear your more natural voice in other places and it sounded great.

I would try to rerecord and just go with your own version try not to imitate his voice you have a good enough voice on your own.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 04/01/2010 10:51 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

cracking vocals on this one!!!! i love this tune. well done!

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 05/01/2010 5:29 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Never heard the original, but great job on this one!! Impressive!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 07/01/2010 4:49 am
(@daverod)

I love when people cover songs and slow the tempo down. Some don't work, but when they do, it sounds great. This one definitely works.

I'll be favoriting that video so I can play along and try and learn this song. thanks!

Posted : 22/01/2010 2:56 am