Clear all

Blink Of An Eye

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hey guys, I haven't posted a new song in AGES - and I'm not going to now. There's a bit of history to this song - it's the first song I ever uploaded to Audacity - just did the riff, wasn't confident enogh back then to sing as well. Then, on the Texas holiday, I wound up in a bar called the Fallout Lounge in Dallas at an open mic, did CCR's "Proud Mary", Beatles, "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away," and was stuck for a third song - until a certain Marilyn, under the influence of Grey Goose Vodka, suggested I do "Blink Of An Eye" ........well who was I to refuse a request? I'd had a few as well - Dutch Courage.....

Anyway - I've totally re-done it from scratch,, I haven't got the hang of the drum machine completely - but I've got a beat, and that's a start. Acoustic guitars, lead and rhythm guitar, bass and vocals are all me.....

So - the song's here...... http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=225059 ...."Blink Of An Eye" it's called. I'd appreciate your opinions, as always....this is my "classic pop" single that I should have done back in the 70's, but I couldn't play back then.....

(This is the first song I've ever posted that I'm REALLY proud of - OK, it's a piece of lightweight pop, but it's all me....)

Thanks in advance for listening,

:D :D :D

Vic.

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 23/09/2007 11:46 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Hey Vic,

Seems your little sabbatical is working out for you :wink:

I like this you've really improved on all levels the vocals
sound great and the production is very good. I'm not nuts
about the drum machine but that's personal taste and I
understand it as a necessary evil. I was suppose to be a
drummer but found I had no talent in that area. Fortunatly
the guy who was suppose to be the guitarist was in the same
situation so we switched.

Hope to here more new recordings in the near future

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 24/09/2007 12:18 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Yeah.... what john said 8) Very well done. The only thing I can suggest is maybe changing the drum track a bit. It just seems a little busy in the back ground(the less is more thing).Thanks for posting, thoroughly enjoyed it 8)

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 24/09/2007 2:11 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Vic

Very kool man , You have every right to be proud of this ..

Its awesome , I could see a long haired Vic with platforms and flared jeans only about 20 years younger with all the girls screaming , bit like Bay City Rollers :)

Wow what a image Vic in tartan :lol: :lol:

Seriously mate excellent mate

Voice seemed to be alot higher , I liked it

Keep em coming now mate

Trev...:)

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 24/09/2007 4:17 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Now that should get the girls dancing! 8)

I remember the original version too. Good song. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 24/09/2007 11:20 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi Vic,

I like it! :D

I don't know if the drum track is too busy or its level is too loud but I also detect something. Perhaps The voice track volume would need increased, sometimes is overlapped to the lead guitar... I don't know, just a comment! :D

Thanks for sharing!

Posted : 24/09/2007 2:12 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Nice job, Vic!
Great drive and energy.
Maybe a remix to give it more on the bottom end? It's pretty sparse down there.
:)

Don

Posted : 24/09/2007 2:24 pm