Blues Improv In A

Notifications
Clear all

Blues Improv In A

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Well I decided to try improving again. If you remember my last one it was TERRIBLE! This time I used a 12 bar blues backing track in the key of A. I still made many mistakes and I know I need to work on making it flow better. However I think I am going in the right direction. I am starting to get a feel for it I think. I did a few vibratos but I really can't hear them too well? I could hear them as I was playing them.

Please let me know what you think.

Just a warning...this is over 10 minutes long but I would appreicate it if you have the time to listen to it all the way through. I start playing about 26 seconds into the piece.

Blues Improv In A

Posted : 24/09/2006 1:19 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Nice job, Mike! You really warmed up to it as you went along. You've got the hang of it, for sure.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 24/09/2006 3:36 am
(@Anonymous)

Thanks Margaret! I listened to it again and I did start out SLOW! I may try it again tonight with my Hollowbody and see how that sounds! :lol: 8)

Posted : 24/09/2006 10:40 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Mikespe wrote: I may try it again tonight with my Hollowbody and see how that sounds!

If it turns out to your liking, post it, too. Would be neat to compare the two different tones.

For those of us who aren't yet venturing to improvise, it's inspiring to be able to hear others doing it.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 24/09/2006 11:39 pm