Clear all

Bob Dylan Cover - Man In Me

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Taking a break from a song giving me fits. I somehow landed on this one.

I was turned onto this song by watching a movie called "The Big Lebowski". It's featured twice in the film. It was, of course, a piano song complete with bass and drums and such. My version is guitar. I think Dylan's first album version of this song appearred in something like '75.

A couple notes before I send you off to listen-and-wanna-pull-the-trigger-land.

#1: I really stink at the "la la la" type of lyrics, at least in that key. My voice kept breaking up.
#2: A first for me. The short chorus features some vocal harmonies. I realized how pathetic mine was on my own, so I deepened the sound a bit by singing along to it. I lowered the volume on the second voice and moved it a bit. Sounds decent enough, I thought. (it's at 1:21 and lasts only four lines)
#3: Nobody can do Bob Dylan except dogbite. :cry:
#4: You might need to bump the volume up a bit. Sorry.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8487938

As always, enjoy?!? :twisted:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 16/12/2009 5:00 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Good job Roy. Love that song and the movie.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 16/12/2009 7:41 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Ha! Nice Dylan impersonation. Good job Roy! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 20/12/2009 8:11 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys.

RE: Impersonation. I was just trying to sing in the style of him. I finally decided to put the capo on the first fret like my song sheet said. All of a sudden, it became fun instead of failed efforts. :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 21/12/2009 5:31 am