Clear all

Brand new soundclick (Yours truly)

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Hey fellow people. Well, I know you guys know that I have been a sincere vet here at GN, but ive never actually posted any recordings!!

Well, im in college so all you rich people send me some money if you like my tracks lol. (I make a whole 32 cents lol)
Let me know what you think of the first two songs on my new CD. It most likley wont your guys' style, but moonrider likes it and hes pretty tough on me :D

Enjoy!!

www.soundclick.com/joshuadicken

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

Posted : 13/02/2009 6:14 am
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Josh (first time I've known your real name)

I thought they were pretty good. My only advice is to actually write out some structured songs, with an Intro, Verses, Choruses, Solo etc.... Even if you stay with Instrumental only, you have to break it up more, otherwise it is monotonous, no matter how good you play. The 2nd song reminded me of Kasmir by Led Zep.

Add a bass line.

They were good, look forward to hearing future recordings. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 14/02/2009 11:32 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

oh man...I just filled my house with your playing. dang, there are shreds of music all over the place. :)
you have the tone and chops, that's for sure. I agree with the comments from Wes.
keep it up. some good things will take shape.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 16/02/2009 1:48 pm
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

lol, thanks man.

Ive got another song finished as well, but its a little rough.. I'm probably going to just re-do it.

Thanks guys!

Posted : 16/02/2009 8:23 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

some great playing there, and a lovely tone well done. i see you have a valveking 100 - same as me, how do you have your settings??

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 19/02/2009 11:33 am
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I just use a Boss GT-8 through the clean on the valveking. As for the clean, bass around 6, mids around 5, treble 8, no reverb.

Thanks again

Posted : 19/02/2009 8:05 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nice chops Josh! :twisted: Looking forward to hearing more from you. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 03/03/2009 11:18 am