Clear all

Bringing It All Back Home

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jewtemplar)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

A tribute to one of my favorite Dylan albums. Feedback on all aspects of the song/performance/recording is appreciated.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=725941&songID=5635273

~Sam

Posted : 06/08/2007 4:44 am
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

Hey that sounds good, your playing is pretty smooth and your singing is on key. It doesn't sound like you are comfortable enough with the song though. In other words it sounds like you are concentrating on getting everything right. (something bob dylan didn't do haha) You should try to let loose a little more when recording.

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 08/08/2007 2:03 am
(@jewtemplar)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thanks Dneck. The song is a little different from what I'm used to. The guitar part has a lot of chords played up the neck, and the singing crams a lot more words into a given space. Between the two, and the fact that I have only played the song through a few times, come a lot of anxiety/discomfort. I'm thinking/hoping that will get better, and in the end improve my playing/singing in general. Thanks for the feedback.

~Sam

Posted : 08/08/2007 2:08 am