Clear all

Critique (Be harsh...)

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@feloniuspunk1)
Topic starter

Two ROUGH, ROUGH demos of new ideas...

Just programmed drums, two guitar tracks each...

No EQ, mixing, etc......

Be mean, I won't cry....

Forked Tounge Devil....bad vocals-too close to the mike....

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=4493

In Glock, We Trust...no vocals....lyrics are written, though....we call this our "punk single"...

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?fid=4498

Be harsh....

KILL WHITEY!

Posted : 19/08/2006 6:59 pm
(@feloniuspunk1)
Topic starter

Man, this forum is a ghost town....

KILL WHITEY!

Posted : 19/08/2006 7:30 pm
(@nottheguy)
Estimable Member

Forum is usually slow on weekends.....

1st song - it's ok - has potential - loved the harrmonized solo part the best. I imagine it would sound a lot better with bass.

I liked the 2nd one a lot better - Great tone on rhythm guitar. I liked the feel of this one a lot!

Its a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.

Posted : 19/08/2006 10:50 pm
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Rythm section blows this one for me. The 60's style drumming mid song just doesn't work with the heavy guitar. I'd like to hear some more double kick in there. Think Pantera. There's so much room for a good drummer and bass player to fill. That's a great thing with the right players. The mix is really rough but you know that. The tune definitely has potential. Keep working with it. To my ears it's far from finished. There's a lot of places you can take this one.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 20/08/2006 2:03 am
(@feloniuspunk1)
Topic starter

The first one is really just a brainstorm, an impetus for a grander arrangement that has yet to be arranged..

In Glock, We Trust is one we've been doing for a couple months. It sounds better with bass and vocals. The lull in the middle is obviously for the vocal chorus.

Thanks for the critisism, all.

KILL WHITEY!

Posted : 20/08/2006 6:13 pm
(@feloniuspunk1)
Topic starter

Rythm section blows this one for me. The 60's style drumming mid song just doesn't work with the heavy guitar. I'd like to hear some more double kick in there. Think Pantera. There's so much room for a good drummer and bass player to fill. That's a great thing with the right players. The mix is really rough but you know that. The tune definitely has potential. Keep working with it. To my ears it's far from finished. There's a lot of places you can take this one.Which, the first one?

Yeah, it needs a couple more "parts", for sure. Thanks.

KILL WHITEY!

Posted : 20/08/2006 6:14 pm
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

The first one. Yeah. You said be harsh right?

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 20/08/2006 9:29 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

hmmm I just listened to both of them and thought they were okay for building on.

I see potential for both in their own directions.

Oh wait....you wanted criticism......they both blew. I'd delete them and write something different or maybe just get a paper route. :D (j/k)

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 21/08/2006 1:41 pm
(@feloniuspunk1)
Topic starter

The first one. Yeah. You said be harsh right?Yeah, harsh like bish was....can't chat now, I gots some newspapers to deliver....

I probably shouldn't post brainstorms, I was just really high....when I posted these....er, yeah, when I recorded 'em, too....

KILL WHITEY!

Posted : 21/08/2006 6:15 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

The first one. Yeah. You said be harsh right?Yeah, harsh like bish was....can't chat now, I gots some newspapers to deliver....

I probably shouldn't post brainstorms, I was just really high....when I posted these....er, yeah, when I recorded 'em, too....

LMAO!!!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 22/08/2006 1:11 pm