Skip to content
Notifications
Clear all

Different Boogie

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I am hoping I am finally starting to get this guitar thing...Here is sort of a boogie with a variation of the 12-bar blues (I hope)...it's the same chords I played in My Slow Boogie just a diffeent strumming pattern...

Strumming Boogie

Thanks

Posted : 08/12/2005 10:37 pm
(@Anonymous)

wow 30 hits no replies...I guess I'm NOT getting this guitar thing :cry:

Posted : 10/12/2005 4:45 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I'm not sure 12 bar blues is but when I was listening to it I felt as if it was building to something but not getting there, like the strumming would change or the pitch would be higher. But at the end, I wasn't disappointed since it did what I was expecting. It's good............for blues anyway lol

And don't worry, I haven't had any replies to mine either.

Posted : 10/12/2005 9:42 pm
(@Anonymous)

Yea it's not played as the 12 bar yet...I was more worried about getting the boogie rhythm...it's tougher than I thought! :?

I listened to your recording but since I didn't know the song I didn't reply...

Thanks for the feedback!

Posted : 10/12/2005 10:14 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Sounds good Mike. You seem to be getting the feel for it so keep at it. It is fun to play variations on old themes isn't it?

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 10/12/2005 10:31 pm
(@Anonymous)

Sounds good Mike. You seem to be getting the feel for it so keep at it. It is fun to play variations on old themes isn't it?

Yea...I'm really getting into playing blues music. Granted, it's not what people ask me to play when they see me with my guitar. Someone asked me about 2 weeks ago..."Can you play Stairway to Heaven?" so of course I played what I knew! :lol:

It's helping me get used to working with the drum machine and smoothing out my strumming. I am also working on some basic solos as well...

Posted : 10/12/2005 10:36 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Not bad, Mike. Keep up the good work!

Posted : 10/12/2005 10:40 pm
 gene
(@gene)
Estimable Member

Sounds good Mike, and you are getting it. I haven't played what your playing so I really don't know how to give contructive comments, but it does sound good. Keep posting.

Posted : 12/12/2005 3:10 am
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Sounds good Mike. I kept waiting for Plant to start singing! :) Kinda sounds like the start to a Zepplin song.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

Posted : 14/12/2005 7:17 pm