Clear all

First Recording

37 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Don't pay any attention to any comments you might get on dmusic.
I have listened to recordings that I thought where excellent and saw some negative feedbacks.
There are some people on that site that view themselfs as premadanas and no one will ever measure up to thier high expectations.
I think you are doing just fine.
Keep it up :D

Posted : 09/10/2005 3:30 am
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

What a moron, gave him a piece of my mind, although I think everyone knows he won't care what I have to say.

You are doing fine OWA, the guy has no idea how long you've been playing. It's not an easy riff to play, especially after 2 months. Keep pluggin at it!

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 09/10/2005 4:44 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

try it with a lighter pick....sounds like you're using a really heavy pick and only the bass notes are coming through.....like the pick is getting stuck behind the bottom E....alternatively try it WITHOUT a pick.....

You got the speed, you got the rhythm......that's a great start-point - now concentrate on accuracy....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 15/10/2005 1:59 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I've been using the strumming technique Tracker suggested and it seems to be working. I've lost a bit of speed since I'm trying to use 3 fingers for the power chords instead of 2 but might go back to barring it even if its harder to get a cleaner sound.

I'll probably re-record soon since its been about 10 days, hopefully the new strings will have broken in a little.

Posted : 15/10/2005 2:55 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

If someone is being negative use it in a positive way. If there is nothing positive to be had from the remark just forget about it. Someone on Dmusic bashed one of my backing track jams because I apparantly ripped of 'Stairway to heaven'. The similarity was that both songs feature a C and Am chord, the rest was pretty different. Once someone said a specific part of a solo was out of time. Now I do that all the time but this time it was actually perfectly on time. And I mean perfectly, it lined up exactly in the mix.

In short: don't feel bad. If you feel they are partly correct, add it to your 'things to learn' list and ignore any nasty parts. If the comment is entirely nasty ignore it all together. You're on your way and the only one that can stop you is yourself.

Posted : 15/10/2005 4:10 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I would like to hear the latest recording (as everyone else would too).

It is great to hear "progress". We all do it in our own way, some with mental notes and some with recordings. I think recording it is the best way to follow one's progress.

With you only playing (a couple of months, right) it is hard to play a barre or power chord, never mind playing it for a long time! This is something you will get used to, but it does take time. So, stick with it and you will have it down before you know it!

Keep your head up,

Mike

Posted : 16/10/2005 11:22 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Due to an error, I lost the latest recording of Nirvana. I would re-record it but my guitar is in Drop C. The floating bridge combined with the new strings made it very tough to get it into that tuning, so its staying there for a while. But I do have a recording. It's me playing Kittie - What I Always Wanted. I haven't been working on this song as long as Nirvana but any feedback would be appreciated. Sorry once again for the mishap.

Posted : 17/10/2005 12:23 am
Page 3 / 3