Clear all

For the Judas Priest fans

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I did a cover of Living Out Till Midnight. It's an easy song because the strumming follows the vocal melody. I was changing between the rhythm and lead circuits but forgot on the first chorus so I did it in the middle of it, it sounded cool. Messed up the solo but oh well what are you gonna do.

Check it out. Not a huge fan of 80's hair metal so not sure how much I will play these.

http://owa.dmusic.com/

Posted : 03/04/2007 7:44 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I don't know the song OWA, but glad to see you're still around :)

Rhythm sounds SOLID, no timing issues that I heard really, pretty nice. I like your tone more in this one than I did in the others, although still too heavy for my taste. I'm not saying better/worse, just, you know.

The solo could use a little work I think. Can you record the rhythm section first, and then record the solo over that? The timing is a bit of a problem here.

Overall its good, the rhythm parts sound great, solo needs some work.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 04/04/2007 1:53 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Hi OWA

I do know the song and ....{ me being very honest with this reply }

It aint perfect but thats the beauty of recording oneself , I would keep this if I were you and 12 months down the track have a listen to it .

This is a very good starting point for this song , what Taso says is probably correct { being totally useless doing this sort of thing myself }
but stick with this and have a really close listen to the song ..

Oh thats sad if your if your not a fan of the 80s' big hair thing well it was the last time I owned a brush ...

Keep at it

Thanks for letting everyone listen to it

Trevor

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 04/04/2007 6:41 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I think your timing has improved alot OWA. I like the tone too - fits this song really well. I agree with Taso that you should try recording the rhythm 1st, then do the solo over it. Over all not a bad version. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 07/04/2007 3:42 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Good job, OWA. Ur sounding better all the time.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 07/04/2007 5:44 pm
(@cringe)
Estimable Member

You are sounding better all the time. Not perfect, but who is. keep rockin.

Posted : 08/04/2007 2:02 am
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Pretty good job, OWA. Only one comment to make - Judas Priest should NEVER, EVER, NEVER be called 80s Hair Metal! :shock:

Posted : 16/04/2007 7:51 pm