7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

http://www.box.net/shared/s2tl5nhbb4

comments appreciated

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

Posted : 09/11/2008 5:44 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Excellent guitar work and most beautiful guitar sound.
Voice is pleasant and in tune . . . but seems restrained.
My second favorite Leonard Cohen song too.
Well done and thanks for sharing.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 09/11/2008 6:29 pm
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

thanks for listening

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

Posted : 10/11/2008 2:48 am
(@elpantalla)
Honorable Member

Really nice guitar sound, what do you use to record?

I agree with kenrogers, your voice does sound a bit restrained, as if you are singing at 12 am trying not to wake everyone up. Move back from the mic, and sing loud and proud! You have a good voice, just gotta be confident.

One chord is fine.
Two you're pushing it.
Three and you're into jazz.

Posted : 11/11/2008 11:23 pm
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Really nice guitar sound, what do you use to record?

I agree with kenrogers, your voice does sound a bit restrained, as if you are singing at 12 am trying not to wake everyone up. Move back from the mic, and sing loud and proud! You have a good voice, just gotta be confident.

that is exactly the case lol. it was 12 am and i didn't want to wake anyone.

Posted : 16/11/2008 3:42 pm
(@gotdablues)
Estimable Member

Well, I'm not ashamed to say, I am moved everytime I hear that tune,

And Now Once Again....... :o

Posted : 21/11/2008 5:46 am
(@rpmad)

Very nice. I would like to hear a version where you push your vocals loud and proud. You don't have to be as quiet as Jeff Buckley. This is your song. Guitar is very good. I am used to hearing Buckley's version, but I like the way you improvised your own version with the notes picked between the chords.

I did this same song on the Ukulele a couple years ago. Here's the link. http://www.box.net/shared/dr566isgbj

Thanks
Ryan

Posted : 26/11/2008 7:52 pm