Clear all

How does he do it? (Clip inside)

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I know, II was listening to a jam type thing on another forum, and this one blew my socks off! What I'd like to know is how do you flow like that? How do you sound like your playing it so easily? BTW I don't have any relation to this guy, I just want to know how to solo like that.. http://www.eddegenaro.com/Anton/FootprintsTake.mp3

Even if you're a metalhead, you have to admit that is nice playing... 8)

Stairway to Freebird!

Posted : 20/05/2005 11:19 pm
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

You notice he's not playing a lot of notes? Just the right ones. That is the sound of a practiced ear. If you listen to the main melody, he probably keeps that in mind throughout the whole tune, while he improvs. It's a matter of knowing the key and knowing what scales you can play over that key. You'll notice he plays a lot of notes that sound "out". That is what jazz musicians excel at. Playing scales that accentuate the key without necessarily being in key.

Most of these guys know their theory in and out and then there's the odd few that just play it by feel.

Jeff Beck for one. Here's a man that's an exception to ther rule. He's not particularly versed in theory but if you listen to him play, you'd never know it. I suppose if you can hear what you can play and are able to pick and choose what you are going to play, that is what makes for a smooth player.

And yes, that guy is a good guitarist. Thanks for posting that.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 21/05/2005 3:54 am
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks Huesuph, I knew about the "less is more" notes suggestion, but I'll try to work on knowing what I can and will play before I hit the notes. :)

Stairway to Freebird!

Posted : 21/05/2005 4:24 am
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

jeff beck is an incredible guitar player, alot of people think he is the best

Posted : 23/05/2005 9:36 pm