Clear all

I Just Called to Say I Love You - Stevie Wonder - Fingerstyl

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

This also came from the Fingerpicking Standards book that I received. It's what I bought the book for, but unfortunately, the arrangement leaves much to be desired. No local store had it, so I bought it kind of sight unseen. At least the other arrangements are pretty cool. But since I had bought it for this, I figured I'd post it anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3Qjgb3m7nw

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 04/02/2010 9:37 am
(@alangreen)

It might not be great, but it's listenable. So that's one to watch for on your next album yes?

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 04/02/2010 4:46 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I agree, it sounds very smooth.

But I know what you say because I had a similar issue with a book for bass. The arrangements were very simplified, they don't sound so bad but they could be improved.

BTW what camera do you use? The image quality is really good!

Posted : 04/02/2010 6:10 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

well played Joe. you seem to be really productive at the minute. these cant be easy to learn and remember, but your racking up quite a repetoire. how long does it take you on average to get one of these songs down?

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 04/02/2010 8:58 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys, appreciate it! I think my biggest problem with this arrnagement was that it isn't the complete song, the way it sounds in of it self is okay to me.
BTW what camera do you use? The image quality is really good!
The camera I use is a FLIP HD. Runs about $170. The audio is being recorded into my Zoom R16.
well played Joe. you seem to be really productive at the minute. these cant be easy to learn and remember, but your racking up quite a repetoire. how long does it take you on average to get one of these songs down?
Thanks man! Yeah I guess that after I was done with my CD I was able to get to stuff that I really wanted to do, and have been just having a ton of fun with it. While I was getting towards the end of the release I was really hating music at the moment and this has been a real good way to get that love back.

As far as learning and recording, the two fingerstyle songs took me about 3 days total to learn (they were pretty easy arrangements), but I don't have them memorized, for whatever reason I just can't seem to memorize them. Even the ones that I've played from when I first started. The songs with the singing lessons, aren't too difficult, and they are some of my favorite songs, so I have known them for quite a while.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 04/02/2010 9:29 pm