Clear all

I wrote a song

12 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

The lyrics may sound a bit dumb and I couldn't seem to find a good mini solo so its one track. Anyway its called lomesome blues.... lyrics below

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=510935

chorus
Well i'm so lonesome and i'm blue

I'll take a drive and look for you

When i don't find ya i'll have a brew

I'll start a fight, thats what i'll do

I go to work i get my pay

i hate my boss what can i say

he's on my case most everyday

one of these days he's gonna pay

chorus

I go home turn on the news

see all the crap, get the blues

I drink more brews, I close my eyes

Seems like life just passed me by

chorus

Posted : 29/05/2006 1:20 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Hey Joetone

I enjoyed that very much ..

We have something in common mate I hate my boss to ... :lol:

Well done mate ...

Hilch :?:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 29/05/2006 4:35 am
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thanks hilch, if my boss hears it........JUST KIDDING PAL :!:

Posted : 29/05/2006 4:05 pm
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

like the voice, what effect you got on this?

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

Posted : 30/05/2006 1:17 pm
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I been using a slight wah wah effect. The wah wah is set way down so you can't tell its being used (2%) then I bring up the frequencies. I find it gives me just enough bass to the strings and my voice. It works better then the bass boost. Then I normalize and equalize. I compensate for poor equipment

Posted : 30/05/2006 4:03 pm
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hope i'm not being obnoxious but I finally put together a little solo part.

If anyone happens to notice a high pitch ringing in the distance and has a clue to what is causing it i'd appreciate that. I know its comes from the strumming on the first track and when I strum with my fingers. Happens on a few songs I do

Posted : 31/05/2006 6:26 am
(@musus)
Trusted Member

Wow I must have heard this about 15 times now. I really like. Very catchy.

"Hey Hey My My ... Rock and Roll can never die" Neil Young

Posted : 09/06/2006 2:46 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I really like this. Good job. Also might solve a problem I have had. I have been trying to get that "voice in a can" sound. Dont worry, I dont think you sound like that but I think that wah wah effect your using could easily make that sound if I tinkered with it enough. You got a great voice for this.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 09/06/2006 4:22 pm
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Wow I must have heard this about 15 times now. I really like. Very catchy.

Thanks, I figured I know chords so let me try some words, ironically I found its easier to play your own stuff rather then others, cause you know yourself better then others. Of course the words are more about guys I know more then me

I really like this. Good job. Also might solve a problem I have had. I have been trying to get that "voice in a can" sound.

Me too, I think the WAH WAH is one part, I also think a phaser effect (both with the depth way down) but I think there's more to it

BTW the song does seem "catchy" my playing skills aren't that great it could be a fluke that I did that (gonna try to write others as time permits)......anyway out of being curious I thought i'd try to sell it as a single on soundclick. Don't know nuttin about it i'm just a dumb guy who should have done this 25 years ago. I guess I need to promote the site, that song hit the 30's in the charts, could be my friends here at guitar noise voting because no else knows about the site. Well anyway just thought I would share that to see if anyone has tried it

Posted : 09/06/2006 5:52 pm
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

hey that sounds good man i enjoyed it

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 10/06/2006 8:24 pm
(@roadwolf)
Eminent Member

I like it, very good song. You do need to work on your vocal delivery. I think you have it in you to be a good singer if you put more emotion in your singing. Sing it the way you feel it.

Posted : 13/07/2006 9:42 pm
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thanks, johnny cash can get away with that non emotion sound, but maybe I can't. My problem is just a lack of motivation, your perceptive

Posted : 14/07/2006 5:16 am