18 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Just something I came up with this weekend, thought I'd share: India Sunset

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 04/06/2007 1:29 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Wow Dan thats awesome mate

I can't remeber listening to your work before , so that must mean you don't enough of your beautiful playing ..

Great fantastic work Dan

I love it

Trev

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 04/06/2007 4:18 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member

That's really nice, Dan! That's a keeper, for sure.

Perfectly named, as well.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 04/06/2007 5:03 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Very nice Dan! It transmits a lot of peace. I never was in India but probably the sunsets sound so.

Posted : 04/06/2007 8:44 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks Barnabus, Margaret, and Nuno, your comments mean alot! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 04/06/2007 2:07 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

That's really nice, Dan! That's a keeper, for sure.

Perfectly named, as well.

Margaret

Chalk me up to the list of "Good job" people. That was really nice.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 04/06/2007 2:13 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thank you Jim, glad you liked it. :D

Dan

Posted : 04/06/2007 2:19 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I'll second that (e)motion. 8)

Nice, Dan.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 04/06/2007 5:24 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

You guys are too kind. :D

Thanks,
Dan

Posted : 04/06/2007 7:42 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Nice Job Dan 8)

Was this an improvised piece or more composed?

Either way I like it.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 04/06/2007 8:54 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks John. :D
The chord progression was just something I came up with on Friday night while watching a softball tournament on TV. I thought it sounded pretty neat, so I recorded it & added a bit of phaser effect in Audacity to it. The solo guitar is pretty much improved. I gave it a shot Saturday, liked some parts, didn't like others, gave it another shot later in the day, and thought it didn't sound too bad.
For everyone who thinks they need alot of expensive gear to record with 1st, I used an Epi acoustic AJ1 that I picked up from Jason, aka crank-n-jam, for less than $100, recorded straight into a cheap pc mic, and used Audacity to record & add the phaser effect.
Funny story about the name; I mentioned I was watching a softball game, well there was this girl on the Tennessee team who was playing with a tourn ACL, and she started a rally that ended up winning the game in the last inning. I was impressed with her, and how determined she was, and how happy she looked after she got a hit. Her name? India Chiles, and the game was a night game, right around sunset. I thought the name fit the song, so... :wink: Never been to India, and never seen a sunset there. :wink:

Dan :D

Posted : 04/06/2007 10:14 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

:wink: Never been to India, and never seen a sunset there. :wink:

If you ever want to add lyrics that could be a good place to start.

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 04/06/2007 10:39 pm
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member

Hey Dan,

very nice indeed. I played along with the congas on that one. Nice and slow beat.

Great stuff

cheers

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 05/06/2007 6:05 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Nice moody atmospheric piece, Dan. I like the story behind the song, but I could imagine being on the beach in Goa with long cool drink listening to that. Unfortunately, my imagination's richer than my bank balance....

Good composition, elegantly played. I like it!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 05/06/2007 11:34 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

John - Thanks for the idea. I may give it a shot. :D Problem is, whenever I've tried to write lyrics in the past, they always sound really corny! :oops:

Paul - Thanks for the comments, glad you liked it. :D If you want to lay down some congas, be my guest. 8)

Vic - Thank you! :D I really appreciate your comments. Wish I was on that beach too! 8)

Dan

Posted : 06/06/2007 3:42 am
Page 1 / 2