Clear all

Kroikeys recordings

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hi all, its been a while since I posted here. Busy busy what with work and getting into a little astrophotography.
Anyhoo, here is a version of Jack Johnson's If I Could. I had to get something fully recorded to celebrate one whole year of playing. Its a song about losing close friends over the years, and although its not very polished, its the first I want to put out with my voice on it!

I recorded the backing track then sang over it, I'm not brave enough to kill this song completely on the interweb. I'd love some feedback, and yes, I know it ends abruptly but its only missing like a single note at the end :) I buggered up the tracks in Audacity :oops:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903342

Thanks for listening.

Posted : 14/04/2009 4:40 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Very nice, Kroikey!
Man, for a year in your guitar playing is great.
Your vocals sound natural, expressive and in tune.
Nice job.
:)

Don

Posted : 14/04/2009 7:42 pm
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thanks a lot dude, I've got a problem with confidence in public, my singing becomes weak and my playing dies a death. I'm hoping more practice and semi-public performances will help somewhat.

Posted : 24/04/2009 8:38 am
(@jase36)
Reputable Member

I think its good all round and after only a year.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jase67electric

Posted : 24/04/2009 9:04 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nicely done, keep at it! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 25/04/2009 11:59 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Good job Kroikey! :D

Posted : 25/04/2009 12:25 pm
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thanks all! The response has spurred me on to record the other pieces I know, I think I'll keep posting them in here to keep them together. If you liked that one, you'll love 'Banana Pancakes' and 'No Other Way'. The songs are so laid back they're horizontal, and its great music for joyful solo playing. :mrgreen:

Posted : 25/04/2009 6:51 pm
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Here's my first attempt at recording Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson. I learned it the easy way, D D slap hand against the strings, but I went back over it and learned the real way eventually. Its taken a lot to get enough hand strength to complete this, and still cramps me up sometimes, great practice for barre chords and strumming percussive beats.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903342

This is by no means the best I can play or sing this, its simply the first real attempt at recording it. I've also sung quietly so I don't wake my 10 month old son :)

I'll post an update if I ever go back over the same track and rerecord the singing.

Posted : 22/05/2009 5:50 pm