Clear all

Listen and judge! Home recordings

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@super5onic)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I've made some recordings at home the last couple of years. With the arrival of new recordingmaterial and software I was able to record the songs I've written. Although some of the hardware and software is great, it still not as good as in the studio. The drums are still MIDI, so are the keyboards, strings, etc. etc.

I found a site where I could post my mp3's. Its on soundclick.com, where you can post your own mp3's. I've posted a couple of songs on my personal page at: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/matthijsypenburgmusic.htm

So, visit the page, listen to the songs and give your opinion!

Thanx!
Matthijs

In the end, the love you'll take is equal to the love you make - Paul McCartney

Posted : 30/07/2004 11:03 am
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Matthijs

It was good music, but not something I would rush out to buy. I like I Believe. The Oasis influence is pretty obvious.

Lifesaver has the best chance of commercial success. People like upbeat songs. It was the most original sounding song in my opinion.

I heard this saying many years ago.

"Write a sad song, and you will make people cry. Write a happy song, and you will make a million dollars".

So, I guess my biggest criticism is that most of your songs are on the slow side. Mix these with some quick, happy, up-tempo songs and you will do well.

Just my 2 cents.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 30/07/2004 2:07 pm
(@super5onic)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanx for your reply! I'll keep it in mind!

Posted : 30/07/2004 3:16 pm
(@super5onic)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

pruttel

Posted : 11/08/2004 7:33 pm
(@swansong1098)

i really like your stuff keep it up. i agree with wes that lifesaver is a great song. my favorite of yours

Posted : 15/08/2004 11:05 pm
(@super5onic)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanx man!

Posted : 17/08/2004 9:58 pm