Clear all

homemade mp3s

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@polling)
Topic starter

Hi,
I'm Polling and i've spent all the daytime trying to record myself playing the guitar.
This is the result.
I wonder if i can get some of your opinions.
Please note that i know to be a newbie and the mp3 quality is very poor (it sounds like a vinil). Any suggestion on how to clean up the sound is well accepted

Happy listenin :D

Bye

Francesco from Italy

Posted : 30/07/2004 4:29 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Hi, and welcome to Guitar Noise!

First of all, I needed to copy the link into the browser, directly clicking doesn't work. So if anyone is having probs, just copy it. Anyway, I like this one. Very calm and happy sounding. I don't know why, but it reminded me a bit of Simon&Garfunkel. If you wrote this yourself, why not add some lyrics?

Overall, good job. :D

Posted : 03/08/2004 10:45 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I also had to copy the link to get it to play.

And, I also like the tune. Nice and smooth and mellow which makes it real pleasant to listen to. I would like to see a tab on it..

Actually, the quality of it was not to bad. I played it back with Windows Media player and also then with Audicity. I was able to do some minor clean up and made it sound just a little better. If you are not recording with something like Audicity you may want to look into it.

I like Audicity for two reasons 1) it's a nice software mixer and gives you a lot more controls over the sound and 2) it's free.....

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 03/08/2004 11:11 pm
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

-Your Tune starts playing - < Womans Voice (Japanese) > "Thank you for purchasing our laser lens cleaner press the selection button number 5 when you here the beep"

That tune reminds me of laser lens cleaners :?

BUT youre recording was good

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

Posted : 04/08/2004 8:07 am
(@polling)
Topic starter

First of all: thank you for the good feedback :D

To Arjen: thank you, i'm so glad to be here :P
I have written the song but i don't think to add lyrics in the future because (1)i'm not a good singer and (2) i think some words over the music could delete the relaxing/happy mood i've tried to recreate, (3) I don't know what to talk about :D hehe
I don't even know who are simon&Garfunkel (but it's not the first time i heard their names) so now i'm trying to download some of them mp3s...
Overall, Thank you :D

To Nils: Thank to you too, but i haven't write a tab of the song yet. maybe in the future..
I've tried to download and use a bit audacity, wich is really a nice software!.i have make some adjustaments to my old songs, and it's very powerful. I had only some troubles using the noise reduction function. seems working but, even if used at the lower level, it cut me some frquencies, and then when you playback the song you hear some ugly cuttering.. is there any way of reducing the noise without affecting the harmony of the song?

Posted : 18/08/2004 8:11 am