Clear all

Return of the Rich and the Arjen!

14 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

So after our 'Little Wing', this is our second project we've done together, and this time we took *really* a lot of time trying to get it as good as possible. It is 'Plug in Baby', by Muse, with some small changes to it. All vocals by Rich, all guitar and piano by me. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Streaming
Download

Posted : 03/08/2004 10:26 pm
(@audioslaveaddict)
Estimable Member

All in all, not bad. It makes me wish that I have heard the song before :?

Because then I could give ya more feedback.

Gun control is using both hands!!!

Posted : 03/08/2004 11:15 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Then this is your lucky day :D

http://www.muse.mu -> chose either UK or US -> media -> movies -> plug in baby. Voila, the whole clip. And yes, Muse sounds better then Rich and Arjen do. :oops:

Posted : 03/08/2004 11:29 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Thanks for the link so I could here the actual song. It shows that you guys put more time and effort into it.

Rich, it's hard to emulate someone else's voice but, you did a good job. Keep at it!

Arjen, you also did a good job. Nice playing!

So answer me this, if you guys start hitting it big (which you guys are well on your way) where are you going to perform? Holland or Illinois?

P.S. Arjen, I like the Marshall's in the background of that video. :wink:

Posted : 04/08/2004 12:09 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks Tracker. I don't know about Rich, but I'll be performing in Italy. Sorry folks, but neither Holland or the States has that coolness-factor :)

ps. It was a tube marshall, so that doesn't count :D

Posted : 04/08/2004 12:13 am
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member

i didnt really try to emulate anyones voice, thats the notes he hit so thats what imma hit too lol.

anyways i think i did better on this then little wing, although we will be redoing little wing plus another song oncewe figure it out. For the new songs, we both will have our own little guitar parts

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

Posted : 04/08/2004 12:18 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Arjen & Rich

I think that was very good. You guys are getting somewhere now.

Good vocals and guitar. I thought the keyboard was great too.

Keep working hard on improving your songs, it's paying off.

How about an original??

Wes

Posted : 04/08/2004 1:33 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wes,

Maybe it's me, but writing a song without being able to see each other is 'weird' to me. In my opinion there is a limit to how much you can cooperate together with just the internet to communicate. But maybe it's worth a try...

Posted : 05/08/2004 12:49 pm
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

You changed your Name ??

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

Posted : 06/08/2004 5:49 am
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Unfortunately, I got these two error messages. One when I tried to stream and the other for download. Any help?

Invalid Stream Key
This content cannot be accessed without a valid stream key. If you did not follow a link from within the DMusic network, then chances are that the link you clicked on is invalid. Please locate the file within our network and a follow a link from there. If you continue to experience this problem, please let us know.

Missing referrer information
This content cannot be accessed without coming from a link within the DMusic network. If you followed a link within the DMusic network and have still received this error after trying the remedy below, please contact an administrator to have the issue resolved.

· PC users - When you follow a link you must left-click instead of right-clicking and choosing a menu option.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 07/08/2004 4:09 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Hmm, weird. Try going to http://promedics.dmusic.com , and click either the green or orange button next to the song (low-quality streaming wont work due to how its mixed). If that wont work I could email it if you want...

Posted : 07/08/2004 6:53 am
(@alex_)
Honorable Member

im sure the main riff is wrong..

its fairly right but ive heard plug in baby so many times that i can pick up on little differences.

where did you get the tab from?

this is a very weird way of putting it, but it sounds more diminished than minor,one note can make a big difference in sound.. it might be one fret off..

yeah, its only 2 wrong notes i can pick out, and it seems to be the same note just used in different passages, where the triplet comes in after the first part of the riff..

this is no huge problem, just pointing out what i hear.

Posted : 07/08/2004 2:17 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Good ears you'be got, the main riff is indeed 'wrong'. I do have the original sheet music, and I know how I *should* play, but I just made some small changes. The 2nd run after the hammer-on is all lowered with one semi-tone. In the original version it goes over F#-G, and the riff is raised one semi-tone to fit nicely over the G. I don't do this, since, IMHO, it adds a really weird feel to the bassnotes with the guitar parts just not fitting in right. When I'm with the band i play it the 100% correct way so I wont supris the bassist on anything, but just felt like trying my way here :)

The 2nd difference is the part after the bend. It's a minor difference, really, but I like my one better. Once again, to each his own and normally I play the original way.

Posted : 08/08/2004 7:32 am
(@marshall)
Trusted Member

and thats why they are called, "COVERS" you do them the way you would do it. etc. this is why i stay away from doing cover songs, everybody always trys to judge you by the original, to me that is choking yourself on your own creativity and limiting yourself. I would much rather do something no one has ever heard before. All in all, you did an ok job.

All you know about me is what I've sold you. I sold out long before you ever heard my name.
I sold my soul to make a record, Dip sh#t, And you bought one. ~Maynard James Keenan~

Posted : 04/09/2004 11:55 am