My first song sample

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@xuelong)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi everyone,
I am new to Guitar Noise and like reading everyone's posts. Great bunch of guitarists here :P Anyways... after listening to a few clips that people posted, I decided to get a SoundClick account and post a sample for everyone to hear.

This clip is actually an acoustic guitar simulator, so I'd like to know what everyone thinks of the "acoustic guitar" sound. When I came across this tone, it reminded me of one of my highly admired players, Al DiMeola. So, I couldn't help but quickly make up a clip in his style; I simply called the clip "Ode to Al". It's actually the first time I attempted this kind of music; I am actually a progressive metal player. But, anyways... I like the clip, so I thought I'd share with my newly found buddies :oops: Let me know what you think of the acoustic guitar simulation and the playing too. Any advice/criticism is more than welcome!

http://www.soundclick.com/xuelong

Thanks,
~Eric

Posted : 23/12/2006 4:24 am
(@kalle_in_sweden)
Prominent Member

Very good.
Did you play on a electric guitar with aacoustic guitar simulator, I cant hear it.

Kalle

Tanglewood TW28STE (Shadow P7 EQ) acoustic
Yamaha RGX 320FZ electric guitar/Egnater Tweaker 15 amp.
Yamaha RBX 270 bass/Laney DB 150 amp.
http://www.soundclick.com/kalleinsweden

Posted : 23/12/2006 9:20 am
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

It sounds pretty good, you really lose the depth of the acoustic sound though.

Nice playing, btw. 8)

Posted : 23/12/2006 1:01 pm
(@xuelong)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Very good.
Did you play on a electric guitar with aacoustic guitar simulator, I cant hear it.
Kalle

Yes, it's an Ibanez SZ320MH (cheap, but I really like it) through a Boss GT Pro processor. There are 4 or 5 factory presets for acoustic guitar simulation; but, besides the preset I used, none of them sound even close for me. But, if I play my Jackson Fusion, this preset doesn't sound "acoustic" at all... So, I guess it has to be dialed in according to the guitar's pickups.

IMO, it sounds close to some of the tones that players like Al Dimeola get from Ovation guitars. Actually, I have an Ovation, but I never play this type of music.

Posted : 23/12/2006 1:25 pm
(@xuelong)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

It sounds pretty good, you really lose the depth of the acoustic sound though.

Nice playing, btw. 8)

Thanks, Mike :) Yes, I agree that it's not as deep as an actual acoustic guitar, especially some of the single note lead stuff. That simulator sounds better if you really snap the notes out, but I don't play leads very hard.. I think that has some to do with the loss. IMO the rhythm sounds a lot closer to acoustic; but, I was really pounding out the rhythm. Plus, there are 2 tracks for the rhythm (one lower, one higher), so that helps to fill it in.

Thanks for the comments guys :)

Posted : 23/12/2006 1:32 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very nice playing Eric. Wish it was longer. 8)

I agree with you that the simulator sounds alot like an Ovation acoustic.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 23/12/2006 1:42 pm