Clear all

Voor J.S.

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

This song is written for someone I've known for quite some time but it's (hopefully!) a good enough song to stand on it's own, so here it is. It took me countless takes to get the whole thing recorded in one piece, this is as close as I can currently get. My apologies for the lack of guitar, the only strings involved were the ones in my piano and the one I was wearing to get that little extra bit of emotion. ;)

Voor J.S.

Posted : 23/12/2006 7:31 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Very nice piece, Arjen. I liked that one a lot.

Where do you place the mic? Inside? The recordings sound great!

Posted : 23/12/2006 8:36 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks Mike. :D I would do almost everything to own a real piano, this was recorded with my Casio PX110 digital piano into Steinberg's The Grand2.

Posted : 25/12/2006 4:59 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Arjen

Man, that is beautiful. You can really play.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 25/12/2006 6:56 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Wow! Nice job, I thought it was the real deal. Does the weight of those keys you have control the dynamics or did you turn down the volume in the lower octaves or something?

Posted : 25/12/2006 10:47 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

The casio has a graded hammer keybord which makes it more like a grand instead of an upright when it comes to dynamics, but it's still up to the performer to play in any specific way. So what you're hearing is me using a lower speed of attack with my left hand compared with the right hand.

Posted : 25/12/2006 11:28 pm
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

thats great

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 26/12/2006 5:51 am
(@smokehouse)
Honorable Member

my wife has just fell in love with you!! and i understand why, right to the hart..................great .smoke

:WHO INVENTED WORK SHOULD COME BACK AND FINISH THE JOB OFF: http://www.soundclick.com/bartin

Posted : 28/12/2006 7:38 am