Skip to content
New guitar demo - H...

Notifications
Clear all

New guitar demo - Hotel California and Hey Joe (separate ;)

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@timezone)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Picked up a Thinline Tele recently (Happy Birthday to me :) ) and have been playing it a lot this weekend, so I thought I'd record some of it and post it up for comments.

Hotel California - I play the first section as arpeggiated chords, then the second section as a single strum on the first beat, with a bassline filling out the rest of the beats. Then I just switch to strumming. There are a few chord changes that are off (the most blatant being me going from Bm to A then realizing, wait I need an F# in between, gotta get back there...), and the rhythm when I switch from verse to chorus is a little bit off. Still kind of working on that. Overall, though, I think it sounds ok.

Hey Joe - This is just sort of a quick demo consisting of the intro plus a couple of verses. Not played w/ a metronome or anything, so I'm sure timing is whack in a couple places. I just wanted to record something with the amp cranked. :D I'm thinking about either writing up a complete "Songs for Beginners" article on this, or at least getting enough together to post in the ESD, as it's really a pretty decent song for beginners to play if you just play it like I did with either arpeggiated chords, or just strumming for the verses, and it's still pretty recognizable as, "hey, that's HENDRIX!" ;) What do you guys think?

http://timezone.dmusic.com/

TZ

Posted : 16/12/2006 9:58 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

That Tele sounds pretty sweet TZ! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 16/12/2006 10:43 pm
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

Very nice sound. Gerat buy!

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

Posted : 18/12/2006 12:46 am