Clear all

New Guitar Soundbyte - Red Flag

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I've been playing around with my new guitar quite a bit. My electric was messed up to the point where it was unplayable so I was stuck on the acoustic, so it's great to be back on the electric again. I'm still getting used to the new guitar. Because it hangs in a different spot, I have a habit of picking over the bridge pickup. My old guitar hung more to the right(my right), so this wasn't a problem until now.

Anyway, there have been a couple requests to hear my new guitars tone so I recorded a little sample. My recording equipment makes it sound a little fuzzy. The recording is done using my bridge pickup and includes both clean and dirty.

http://owa.dmusic.com/

Posted : 12/04/2006 11:50 pm
(@minus_human)
Reputable Member

One wing really think the new guitar rules!! saw the pic you posted - enjoy it. The clean sound - sounds cool i like it, it i'm just wondering about the distortion it's sounds a little weird . You said the recording was fuzzy it could just have been that perhaps, you'd know better anyway as youre sitting right there playing it.

Enjoy :)

Minus Human

And all the things you said to me
I need your arms to welcome me
But a cold stone's all I see

Let my heart go

Posted : 13/04/2006 8:34 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

OWA,

I agree, the clean sound sounds pretty good, but the dirty sound is a bit weird. Maybe we aren't hearing it like you are. Do you use a mic on your amp, or go direct? Maybe try backing the mic off a bit, and lowering your amp volume too. That might help. Good purchase though, and hope you're having fun. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 13/04/2006 2:15 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Congrats on the new guitar 8) 8)

Which one did you get ?

Sorry have not been on line for a while ( is the plan still there ?)

Hilch :?:

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 13/04/2006 10:39 pm
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

i like the way the dirty sounds.....

Posted : 20/04/2006 10:51 am
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I posted me playing Red Flag by Kittie. Any advice, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Posted : 29/04/2006 10:51 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hi OWA! :D

I don't know the original, so I can't compare, but from what I could tell you sound really good. There was one part that you hesitated on, and I'm thinking you're just having trouble switching to the proper chord, but once you got there it was good. Keep practicing your progressions, and you'll be able to switch more smoothly in no time. Good job, keep at it! :wink: :D 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 30/04/2006 2:40 am
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member

For some reason my computer can't play anything on dmusic :? the player comes up and it either plays for a second and stops or doesn't play at all :?:

Posted : 30/04/2006 4:29 am
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

My cable has been running slower than dial up recently. I'm working on it...

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

Posted : 30/04/2006 4:34 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

HI again

Just listened to it again this time straight after listening to Kittie playing it

One thing that comes to mind and remember I can't play guitar for sh1t but to me listening to it ..

You seem to be a little fast in places and then a little slow in others , sorry if I sound very critical , but knowing you , I reckon you would rather a honest reply then someone who does not give you anything in feed back .

My suggestion would be listen to your version then listen to Kittie's version , if you can at the same time like I tried . But my stereo is too bloody far away from my computor ...

Go back and listen to both and I'm sure you will pick up on what I am saying

Hilch :?:

By the way I quite like your version

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 02/05/2006 10:29 am