Notifications
Clear all

First Recording - TEST

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@ello2003)
Topic starter

Here is My first attempt at recording...its a classic ive ruined here its bob dylan and one more cup of coffee...i cant sing for toffee but i guess a lot of practise eh and i also forgot words lol but ill record more

let me know your opinions on sound good or bad thanks
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=500275

Posted : 12/04/2006 2:30 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, ello! I tried to listen, but got sent to a page that says that the download hasn't been cleared yet and to please check back tomorrow........ so I will! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 12/04/2006 2:55 am
(@ello2003)
Topic starter

thanks for the welcome :) the mp3 link says that but the hi stream works from my end :D

Posted : 12/04/2006 2:59 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome, Ello.

You captured Dylan perfectly. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 12/04/2006 3:28 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Listened today! Very nice! Keep on keepin' on! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 12/04/2006 11:33 pm
(@ello2003)
Topic starter

Thanks for takin the time and checkin it out Ive got some other dylan numbers ive uploaded to the same place id be grateful for further feedback on those...

Cheers

Posted : 12/04/2006 11:41 pm
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

hey man, just keep trying and recording. Also keep playing dylan I love dylan :D I realize they are all just rough versions but on positively 4th street (such a great song btw) your timing seems a little off from the way he used to sing it. To get the timing right i find it really helpful to play the offical version of whatever song im covering and just play chords along to it to get all the timing for the chord changes correct and then go sing my own version. Just a suggestion, anyways, keep on rockin in the free world.

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 13/04/2006 5:14 am
(@ello2003)
Topic starter

Thanks Dneck...very constructive :D i will try that i think the tab ive got for that is the problem though so i was tryin to look the chord changes and thinkin it was off time meself which has made it more inaccurate lol... i dont like to have an indentical cover though i like to add my own little bit..

Posted : 15/04/2006 3:24 pm
(@dneck)
Prominent Member

hey heres the correct way to play it if your intrested.

Tune the whole guitar down a half step and play these normal open chords
.G...............Am
You've got a lot of nerve
.....C.....................G
To say you are my friend
G..................D........C...........Em..............D
When I was down you just stood there grinning

Or you can just move all the chords down a half step i.e. G->F# Am->G#m but it sounds way better to tune down and play open chords.

And you can still add touches and stuff, I like to play the last D, then and make it a Dsus4 and then slide up to fret 5 on high e myself. Anyways good luck.

"And above all, respond to all questions regarding a given song's tonal orientation in the following manner: Hell, it don't matter just kick it off!"
-Chris Thile

Posted : 15/04/2006 8:54 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

fantastic

well done keep the recording up ...

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 16/04/2006 12:23 am