New Song - Everything's Alright

19 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Here is a little song I wrote and demo recorded for this new red dirt country band I am in. Lemme know what ya think.

Everything's Alright
lo-fi URL:
hi-fi URL:

Thanks
Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 03/08/2006 4:11 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Well Geoo, I'm not a big fan of country music, but that was awesome! :D I'd definately listen to that. 8) Really great job!

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 03/08/2006 11:46 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks Dan.. I noticed some things I definately need to polish but I was happy with this set of lyrics.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 03/08/2006 7:42 pm
(@jasonrunguitar)
Reputable Member

Geoo, I just started really listening to a lot of country music in the past couple months, so I was really pleased to listen to your song; great work! I like the melody and love the lyrics. The song could definitely go somewhere. Personal opinion: add a little clean eletric guitar to fill it out and maybe an instrumental interlude with the electic too. Oooh, and maybe a little harmony on the verses. But that's just me. With or without any extra changes, a great song. Thanks for sharing!

-Jason
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those about to rock, we salute you!
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonwittenbach

Posted : 04/08/2006 5:58 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

so I was really pleased to listen to your song; great work! I like the melody and love the lyrics

Thank you so much Jason. I am pretty proud of this one. Consequently I do want to redo some of it and I'll probably use some of the suggestions you stated. I am still not a very good "soloist" so I might either leave that completely out or get someone to do it for me. I dont currently own an electric at all. Although that might change in the next 30 mins. LOL..

Thanks again for the compliments and especially the ideas.

Geoo

Posted : 04/08/2006 8:21 pm
(@jonetoe)
Reputable Member

Way to go man, sounds like a winner....maybe a solo stuck in there could add to it but I like it alot

Posted : 05/08/2006 12:49 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Yeeee-Haaaa :D Very good , Did you play the guitar? I liked the drums also nice beat, kind of different :D I can't wait to hear the full band version!--the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 05/08/2006 12:13 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Wow! Nice! Easy to imagine that with some slick Dan Huff-style production. :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 05/08/2006 5:09 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Way to go man, sounds like a winner....maybe a solo stuck in there could add to it but I like it alot

Thanks guys.. I appreciate that. Not sure who Dan Huff is but now you got my interest and gonna google it to find out. Dog - Yep that was me on guitar. My friend "Hammerhead" is on drums. LOL I just bought a keyboard today. Gonna see if I can use it a bit in it. That is, if the learning curve isnt too tough. There is only 66 keys.. How hard can that be? LOL

Geoo

Posted : 05/08/2006 8:06 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Very good, Jim!

I'd throw the vocals a little bit more in the back to keep with the mix and back away from the mic maybe an inch or two (I heard a crackle due to clipping). It's funny because most people put them to far in the back...... just goes to show you have good vocals AND you know it! :wink:

I'd love to been able to hear you and your new band live. :(

Lookin' forward to another! :D

Mike

Posted : 05/08/2006 11:01 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

geoo

I thought that was great. Nice solid rhythm guitar with good tone and very good vocals too.

I wouldn't change the mix at all. In Country the vocals are always important and should be out front.

If you wanted to add a little color put some simple guitar fills in there. A call and response, at the end of a vocal line you respond with a little guitar fill.

I could imagine this with some nice steel guitar as well.

But's it's very good and I really enjoyed it a lot.

Now that I know Country's your thing, I would say get an amp with a great clean channel.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 05/08/2006 11:11 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Geoo,

Neither link works for me. I get an error message that the page cannot be displayed.

Is there an alternate route I could take to get to this red dirt road? :lol:

Thx!

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 06/08/2006 1:30 am
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

Geoo,

Great Song! I listened to it earlier and wanted to listen
again before commenting but got that error message
Margaret spoke of. I think Soundclick is just down at
the moment. One thing I was thinking was that someday
when The Red Dirt Band in the Next Big Thing I can say
"I knew him when"

Good Luck With The Band

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 06/08/2006 1:40 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Geoo,

Neither link works for me. I get an error message that the page cannot be displayed.

Is there an alternate route I could take to get to this red dirt road? :lol:

Thx!

Margaret

Margaret, try the myspace account. The pic isnt me, unfortunately LOL, but I think you can hear it there.

Geoo

Posted : 06/08/2006 3:33 am
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Wow Geoo,

You got it goin' on with that song!

When you record the radio release version, maybe throw a little fiddle fill in there somewhere. :D

BTW, I think my dog spent a night in Norman, OK. He used to live in Austin, TX. Over the internet, I coordinated rides with dog rescue folks, who each drove him (and some other dogs) a "leg" and then handed him/them off to the next driver. At Norman, he was joined by a French Bulldog who was also coming up this way. Know any French Bulldog breeders in Norman?

Keep those songs coming!

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 06/08/2006 3:22 pm
Page 1 / 2