Clear all

7 months in

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@plot36)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

OK, so it's been 7 months since I first picked up a guitar - time to post another song methinks. I've been trying to get to grips with 'Blues You Can Use' by John Ganapes which I think is an excellent book - I'm just not sure I have the necessary skills yet to make much progress with it. :(

Anyway this is one of the study tracks from that book - comments appreciated - it definitely doesn't 'flow' very well at present and the timing is rubbish but I'm working on both of those.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4267609&q=hi

Posted : 02/08/2006 11:14 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

You may want to post a link to your soundclick web site, rather than the soundclick player. This is what I get when I click your link:
This window starts the SoundClick player. If you have enabled a pop-up blocker, you can click the link here: play the song
And I click "play the song", and nothing happens.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 05/08/2006 1:52 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

You may want to post a link to your soundclick web site, rather than the soundclick player. This is what I get when I click your link:
This window starts the SoundClick player. If you have enabled a pop-up blocker, you can click the link here: play the song
And I click "play the song", and nothing happens.

Dan

Hey Dan, try it again cause it worked for me.

For seven months you play very well. Good job. One suggestion I would have is for you to either use a metronome or a drum machine. You can get a free one HERE and it would probably help you with keeping the flow. Its not hard to use either

Keep at it..

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 05/08/2006 2:02 pm
(@plot36)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

For seven months you play very well. Good job. One suggestion I would have is for you to either use a metronome or a drum machine. You can get a free one HERE and it would probably help you with keeping the flow. Its not hard to use either

Keep at it..

Geoo

Thanks for the encouragement and the link.

Posted : 15/08/2006 9:44 am