Clear all

New Washburn D10SCE

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Sam Ash is going to make me go bankrupt.

So last Thursday I traded in my Epiphone and bought a Washburn D10-SCE for about $380 This is the first thing that I've recorded on it, it's the first two pages of sheet music for solo guitar of a song called "Eyes on Me". It's by Feye Wong from the Final Fantasy VIII soundtrack and is a beautiful piece of music, I hope I did it a little bit of justice. It really should be done on a nylon string guitar (I'll try it once I get it in January) but thought I'd try it on steel strings.

There are a few mistakes, buzzing etc, I have a hard time stretching and it feels like I broke my pinky for this, it got a work out, and picking notes in a barre chord really isn't a good thing for me, they are dull (especially at the end). Please let me know what you think, I'm learning this in bits, I've got a couple of pages left to learn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2X-6F29NIo

Here is the link to the original song if you haven't heard it before, it's a bit different than the solo arrangment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8uXWMNriio

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 25/11/2008 4:39 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

So you did buy a new guitar while I was away, eh? :lol:

Congrats Joe! Nice guitar and nice tone! I like it. Once I read that the Washburn D10S is one of the best guitars. I think Nick has one, I don't remember if it is the same model.

The song does not seem very easy. You are doing a great work!

Posted : 05/12/2008 1:21 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks Nuno, I appreciate it!

I'm waiting on my new one, this one, I noticed, as I made them change the strings and wipe the fret-board down at Sam Ash before I bought it, was cracked.

Should be here in a couple of weeks!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 06/12/2008 5:18 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nice guitar Joe, congrats! 8)

I like the song too, (except for that ending chord! :wink: ). Keep working on it! :)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 06/12/2008 12:12 pm
(@maplebaby)
Noble Member

glad you got a great guitar, i think i saw in Guitar Player, with Gilmore on the cover, an article on Washburn guitars. Might want to check it out. Hope you enjoy your guitar and music for a long time together,
dale

Posted : 08/12/2008 10:47 am