Nick and the Tessiturians live at the Gaylord National

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6OWCkM-ezU

One of my favorite tunes to play live....Zombie. It's a bit hard to tell from the video but there were 1000 people in the audience. You can hear them singing along in the background. Very cool. It was a bit knee wobbling but it went pretty well.

That's me in the red. Yes the lead singer is very pregnant. No it isn't mine.

Posted : 18/08/2010 12:13 am
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Oh wow, that was good, and one of my favorites for a long time too! It's really happenin', and I saw you playing your ES-335 in other videos and with a Telecaster Deluxe doing ZZ Top - hot! You guys & girls are cool with real stage presence.

On Zombie, you have a singer who can really sing, tell her she's wonderful! I don't know how you got those acoustic sounds in the beginning, similar to another of my favorites "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer. Your guitar playing is really solid there as a backup, and the slide work on the Strat was so true to the original too, kudos to that guy, superb!

It's a very bass-driven song as well, IMO, and have you ever got the solid bass player with all the right moves and footwork. Did I say footwork or fretwork? Whenever he appears in one of your vids, he is really layin' it down and movin'!
I see some lineup changes in the different youtube presentations but hats off to that bassman and the lady drummer too.

So...weet, I'm diggin' your twin Fender amps, or Fender Twin amps, dunno, Vibroluxes maybe, can't quite tell. Nice band.

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 18/08/2010 1:33 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thank you very much.

I'll ask Mark how he got those acoustic sounds.

Posted : 21/08/2010 1:13 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Nice song after some of my vacation days in Ireland.

You all sound really good. I only watched three videos but I have bookmarked them for seeing the others. (The fiddle player is awesome!).

Thanks for sharing.

Posted : 30/08/2010 10:00 am